At a press conference today, KL traffic chief Asst Comm Mohd Nadzri Hussain told reporters that from tomorrow onwards, motorists travelling to Kuala Lumpur are advised to take public transports or enter the city centre before 7:15am.
This is to avoid any inconveniences or possible traffic congestions that will be caused by a 5-day road closure.
Nadzri said that the roads in the city are expected to be closed in stages until 22nd November (Sunday) for the 27th Asean Summit, which will be held at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC).
He told reporters:
We will be controlling the traffic between 7am and 11:30pm but starting this Saturday (21st November), we will close the roads in stages from 7:40am until 9am.
“Between 7:15pm and 8:50pm that same day, the roads will be closed to make way for the Gala dinner,” he added.
The roads that will be closed for the next 5 days include:
- Jalan Binjai/Persiaran KLCC
- Jalan Imbi/Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Jalan Imbi/Jalan Bukit Bintang
- Jalan Raja Chulan/Jalan Bukit Bintang
- Jalan Kia Peng/Lorong Perak
- Jalan Raja Chulan/Lorong Perak
- Jalan Nagasari/Jalan Raja Chulan
- Jalan Sultan Ismail/Jalan Ampang
- Jalan Ampang/Jalan Binjai
- Jalan Sultan Ismail/Jalan P. Ramlee
- Jalan Raja Chulan/Persiaran Raja Chulan
Nazri also added that several other roads will be affected by the road closure, including:
- Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Jalan Ampang
- Jalan P. Ramlee
- Jalan Pinang
- Jalan Raja Chulan
- Jalan Kia Peng
- Jalan Perak
- Jalan Binjai
- Jalan Bukit Bintang
- Jalan Imbi
Besides the roads mentioned in the list above, motorists coming from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and TUDM Airport in Subang will be affected by the road closure as well.
Thus, Nazri advised drivers to use the following alternative routes to enter KL instead.
- Jalan Kia Peng/Jalan Stonor
- Jalan Tun Razak
- Lorong Lumba Kuda
- Jalan Yap Kwan Seng
- Jalan Raja Chulan/Tun Perak
- Jalan Hang Tuah
- Jalan Pudu
He added that 705 traffic personnel will be stationed to “control the flow”.
Source: The Star Online.