There’s something about nachos that always makes the bad go away and brings us great satisfaction. Is it because of that melted layering of cheddar cheese? Or the crispness of the fried tortilla chips?
Whatever the reason, the combination of both brings happiness and satisfaction that everyone deserves to feel.
Nachos are easily the best snacks in the world because you can either share them with a group of friends or finish them all by yourself. They are “nacho” (geddit, geddit?) average bar snacks and nope, not even French fries can beat them. And if you truly love nachos, you’d know that nacho is not an authentic Mexican dish (as explained by The Star Online here) too.
So, it doesn’t matter what occasion you’re celebrating, nachos are always the way to go. Take a look at some of our favourite places to indulge in the addictive nachos:
*Do note that some of these places are non-halal restaurants
1. The Social @ Publika or Bangsar or Desa Parkcity
One does not simply dine at The Social without first ordering the nachos.
Established in 2001, The Social has a firm reputation for being a casual bar for white collars and city slickers to hang out and chill for a post-work drink or dinner. From chicken 65 (boneless chicken in tandoori spices) to buffalo wings to chilli fries, there’s a plethora of bar bites for patrons to choose from.
However, there’s only one winner and it’s the nachos. No chip is left untouched as The Social pours in a generous amount of cheese, tomato, salsa, jalapeno, sour cream, fresh guacamole, and chilli beef/chicken on this plate of nachos. The portion is good enough for a group of 2 to 5.
- Address @ Bangsar: No. 57-59, Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur.
- Address @ Publika: Lot 31 & 32, Level G2 The Square, Publika, Solaris Dutamas, Jalan Dutamas 1, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
- Address @ Desa Parkcity: Lot GF2, The Waterfront @ Parkcity, No. 5, Persiaran Residen, Desa Parkcity 52200, Kuala Lumpur.
- Opening hours: Daily, 12pm – 2am
- Tel @ Bangsar: 603-2282 2260
- Tel @ Publika: 603-6207 9225
- Tel @ Desa Parkcity: 603-6279 9225
- Website | Facebook
2. La Boca Latino Bar
“Over-the-top” is an understatement for the nachos at La Boca Latino Bar.
These bad boys from Pavilion’s favourite Latin-American bar are the real highlights of the entire bar. It is sinful in all the right ways: crispy tortilla chips, melted cheese, refried beans, pinto beans, sour cream, as well as hefty dollops of pico de gallo (Mexican salsa) and/or guacamole. All of these ingredients are thrown into the nachos to make you feel better about the ensuing gluttony.
As far as we’re concerned, the best part about the nachos at La Boca Latino Bar is that the chips doesn’t get soggy at all.
- Address: Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, Lot. C3. 10.03, Level 3, 168, Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur.
- Opening hours: Sun – Thurs, 9am – 1am; Fri – Sat, 9am – 3am
- Tel: 603 – 2148 9977
- Website | Facebook
3. Vin’s Restaurant & Bar @ TTDI
One of our favourite’s bar snacks at Vin’s Restaurant & Bar is, of course, its nachos.
While it’s not the best nachos in Klang Valley, the nachos here are one helluva great appetizer. This behemoth dish flips the script by having shredded chicken, pickled jalapeno, and sour cream placed on top of its crispy chips that are drenched in salsa and cheese.
Vin’s Restaurant & Bar is probably the only nacho place that could get away with throwing shredded chicken instead of the chilli beef/chicken on the chips.
- Address: 6, Lorong Datuk Sulaiman 1 (Taman Tun Dr Ismail), Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur.
- Opening hours: Daily, 4pm – 2am (Happy hours are from 4pm – 9pm; Lunch or other times by special booking only)
- Tel: +60122002119
- Website | Facebook
4. Dukes & Duchess @ TTDI
When you think of Mexican food, Dukes & Duchess may not be one of the first places that you think of.
However, this place broke the stereotypes by serving the most sinful plate of nachos ever. The secret to its nachos’ success: The layering of melted cheese. On top of its fresh tortilla chips, their Nachos Chilli Con Carne is generally doused with jalapeno, a heavy blanket of creamy melted cheese, and Chef Don’s special homemade chilli con carne.
Despite of the overzealous application of melted cheese topping, the cheesy flavour is surprisingly not overwhelming at all. Be sure to savor while it’s hot!
- Address: No. 52, Lorong Rahim Kajai 14, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 60000 Kuala Lumpur.
- Opening hours: Daily, 11:45am – 2am
- Tel: Mr. Gopal +6012 922 2159; +6014 538 2666
5. Tom, Dick & Harry’s @ TTDI or Pavilion or The Scott Garden
Tom, Dick, Harry’s aka TDH at Taman Tun Dr Ismail is not a fancy pub, but it is decent enough to become one of residents’ favourite drinking spots. If you’re looking for some decent pub grubs, the porky fries here at TDH are pretty famous.
However, the nachos are the real deal. For a plate of nachos to stand above the rest of the pub classics in TDH truly says something, which is why we would always find ourselves heading straight for the appetisers.
Featuring an approachable mound of tortilla chips, the nachos are covered with a blend of melted cheese, guacamole, jalapeno, capsicum, and sour cream. The chips can get slightly soggy, but the chilli carne made up for what’s lacking.
- Address @ TTDI: 18, Lorong Rahim Kajai 14, Kuala Lumpur 60000.
- Address @ Pavilion: Lot C3.10.04, Level 3, Jalan Raja Chulan, Kuala Lumpur.
- Address @ The Scott Garden: Unit S-G-03A, The Scott Garden, Kompleks Rimbun Scott, 289, Jalan Klang Lama 58100 Kuala Lumpur.
- Address @ Oasis Square: Oasis Square, 2, Jalan PJU 1A/7A, Ara Damansara, Petaling Jaya 47301.
- Opening hours @ TTDI: Mon – Thu, 4pm – 1am; Fri, 4pm – 2am; Sat, 10am – 2pm; Sun, 10am – 1am
- Opening hours @ Pavilion: Mon – Sun, 8am – 2am
- Opening hours @ The Scott Garden: Mon – Fri, 4pm – 2am; Sat – Sun: 10am – 2am
- Opening hours @ Oasis Square: Daily, 4:30pm-2am
- Tel @ TTDI: +603 7729 5678
- Tel @ Pavilion: +603 2148 0122
- Tel @ The Scott Garden: +603 7987 3000
- Tel @ Oasis Square: +601 9697 5080
6. D’Legends Bar @ TTDI
The baked nachos at D’Legends bar at Taman Tun Dr Ismail are legend…wait for it…dary!
Sorry, we just had to do that. We may have exaggerated a little, but the nachos here are pretty damn good. Truth be told, they’re not the best nachos we’ve ever had, but its accompanying salsa is more than enough to make us head-over-heels in love with it.
The lamb chilli with sour cream for the nachos are scarce, but the fact that the nachos are covered with 3 layers of cheeses (melted cheddar, parmesan, and mozzarella) made it totally worth every bite.
- Address: 24, Jalan Datuk Sulaiman, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 60000 Kuala Lumpur.
- Opening hours: Mon – Fri, 4pm – 2am; Sat – Sun, 11am – 2am
- Tel: +603-7725 6270
7. Twenty.One Kitchen+Bar
Even if you’re not a fan of fine dining, you would find yourselves heading to twenty.one kitchen + bar.
Twenty.one isn’t exactly a fine dining restaurant because much like the newly opened Ruyi and Lyn, it is a multi-space venue complete with a casual bar, a dining/club area, and a balcony terrace. It also happens to be a place that serves a primo plate of crispy chips layered with sour cream, guacamole, jalapeno slices, salsa, and cheese.
From the looks of it, it looks like the smallest plate of nachos on the list. However, it’s enough for a group of 2 to 5 people. You can always order the 2nd plate or the 3rd plate if you can’t get enough of it.
- Address: 20-1 Changkat Bukit Bintang Kuala Lumpur.
- Opening hours: Daily, 12noon – 3am.
- Tel: +603 2142 0021
- Website | Facebook
UPDATE (with recomendations with readers:
- 42 East Restaurant & Bar
- Bulldog English Pub
And with that, we say dig in to some yummylicious nachos today! If you’ve got some equally good suggestions, do leave a comment in the box below. We’re all out to try every single plate of good nachos in town ;)
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia