Heading to the city centre? You might want to rethink it.
Several major roads in the city will be closed in stages from August 27th (Thursday) till Monday (August 31st) for the National Day 2015 rehearsals and celebration at Dataran Merdeka.
Kuala Lumpur Traffic Police chief ACP Mohd Nadzri Hussain said the roads would be closed from as early as 6am daily and are expected to reopen in stages by noon each day.
The affected roads include:
- Jalan Travers/Jalan Damansara (National Museum)
- Jalan Mahameru/Jalan Damansara (Carcosa)
- Jalan Mahameru/Jalan Damansara (National Museum Exit)
- Hishamuddin Roundabout/Jalan Lembah (National Mosque)
- Jalan Perdana/Jalan Lembah
- Jalan Kinabalu/Hishamuddin Roundabout (Dayabumi)
- Jalan Kinabalu/Jalan Hishamuddin (Bukit Aman Exit)
- Jalan Lembah/Jalan Cenderasari.
- Leboh Pasar Besar/Jalan Hang Kasturi
- Leboh Ampang/Jalan Tun Perak
- Jalan Dang Wangi/Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman
- Jalan Kuching/Dato Onn Roundabout
- Jalan Kinabalu/Dato Onn Roundabout
- Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman/Jalan Raja (Dataran Merdeka)
- Jalan Hishamuddin/Jalan Raja (Dataran Merdeka)
- Jalan Parlimen/Dato Onn Roundabout (Kuala Lumpur City Hall)
- Jalan Dato Onn/Jalan Raja (Royal Selangor Club)
- Jalan Mahkamah Persekutuan.
According to Mohd Nadzri, only vehicles with special stickers will be permitted entry to the Dataran Merdeka area via the Dato Onn Roundabout-Jalan Gereja and they will be required to park in the parking lot under Dataran Merdeka.
Apart from the National Day rehearsals, #Bersih4 is also scheduled to happen this weekend from 2pm on 29th August until midnight of 30th August.
If you are considering going into the city centre over the next few days, we recommend you use alternative means such as public transportation services.