Time to take your dancing shoes off the shelf and put them on once again as the much-awaited, new RM38 million home of Zouk Club Kuala Lumpur is launching in just a couple of weeks! This follows the recent 2-part farewell parties (11th and 25th July) at its former club space at Jalan Ampang, where Zouk KL has been located since 2004.
The new Zouk KL will open at TREC, Malaysia and Kuala Lumpur’s first and largest purpose-built entertainment and lifestyle enclave, along downtown Jalan Tun Razak.
What can you expect from the new venue?
The search for Zouk KL’s new home began 3 years (2011) prior to its land lease expiry on Jalan Ampang. At a staggering 106,000 sq ft, the newly built, 2-storey Zouk KL comprises 11 venues – of which 3 are new concepts – which occupy a total of 60,000 sq ft of built-in space. This is twice the entire size of the previous club complex at Jalan Ampang. The new Zouk KL’s underground car park (for 150 cars) makes up the remaining 46,000 sq ft.
It’s lavishly outfitted with a state of the art lighting and sound equipment, set against a kaleidoscope of soundscapes from EDM, house, electro, open format, trance, techno, trap, R&B, hip hop to indie and nu-disco. And now stands poised to become the new landmark at its new along the bustling Jalan Tun Razak.
Here are some things you need to know about the 11 venues, a series of interconnected rooms created to provide unique, new experiences for clubbers:
- Zouk Cafe Bar – Pitstop for drinks, good food, and conversations. Happy hour, anyone?
- Beer Garden – An alfresco space adjoined to the Zouk Cafe Bar with a breathy view of TREC’s Electric Boulevard.
- Zouk Main Room – The heart of Zouk KL with it altar-like console, massive arrays of LED, and visual displays.
- Ace – A cool hip hop club with an island bar, accessible via a side staircase from Zouk Main Room.
- Phuture – A room that boasts futuristic decor and pulsates to the tunes of EDM and mash-ups, with a special Cirque du Soleil-esque feature.
- Velvet Underground – The ever-so-seductive space with posh, lush interiors befitting its discerning clientele.
- Member’s Lounge – A symmetrical room focused on the service bar, located between Velvet Underground and Phuture.
- Apex Lounge – An alternative bar-lounge poised to be the breeding ground for the free-spirited and creative hounds.
- Glass Box – Zouk KL’s hidden gem, a 750 sq ft room with a floor-to-ceiling glass wall on one side that’s perfect for private events.
- Imperial – The 2nd biggest room in Zouk KL, with exclusive services including a password-activated private lift from the basement car park.
- Balcony Deck – Connected to the Imperial and boasts the spectacular view of the Royal Selangor Gold Club from an outdoor setting.
Check out the pictures of the venues in the gallery below:
*Pictures courtesy of Zouk KL.
And now, the golden question. When will the new Zouk KL open its doors to the public? The new multi-room complex will open 9 venues on 21st August, after its private preview for invited guests on 20th August, and the remaining 2 venues (Imperial and Balcony Deck) will open on 4th September.
Get a sneak peek their August roster (Tritonal! Miss Nine!) here.
Zouk KL will be located at 436 Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur. To make reservations, e-mail [email protected] or call them at 03-21711997 (12 – 6pm) or 016-63323191 (after 6pm).