“This is a good day, this is a good sign”
Even before Echosmith released their debut album “Talking Dreams”, the Los Angeles alt-pop band had been ascending by leaps and bounds. The Sierota siblings — Sydney (vocals/keyboard), Jamie (vocals/guitar), Noah (vocals/bass), and Graham (drums) — brought us some great songs including “Talking Dreams”, “Brights” and “Cool Kids”.
Certified platinum, “Cool Kids” dominated everywhere, charting in the Top 5 at HOT AC, Top 10 at Top 40, and in the Top 10 of the iTunes singles chart, plus Top 15 of Billboard’s Hot 100. The music video for the track racked up over 30 millions views on YouTube, and the new “Bright” video is set to follow in its footsteps.
In 2014, the Southern California-born quartet group were named both an MTV “Artiste to Watch” and a VH1 “You Oughta Know” Artiste. They were a break-out band at SXSW, where they performed at the MTV Woodie Awards and they were featured on the fourth season of MTV’s hit series “Awkward”, having their music showcased throughout and culminating with the band at the centrepiece of a storyline.
In the past two years, Echosmith has toured with everyone from Owl City and Young The Giant to American Authors, in addition to their two Warped Tour runs. They are now out on their first, full-scale headlining tour, continuing to win over new converts to their sparkling songs and dynamic live shows.
This August, Echosmith will be making their way to Kuala Lumpur for their first ever performance in our country. Brought to music lovers by Future Sound Asia, Echosmith will be kicking off “Good Vibes Presents” the new platform under the Good Vibes brand. Supported by Sydney-based dance trio RÜFÜS and local favourites Dash and Indiego & Co, tickets for Good Vibes Presents is now available at BoxTix.
Set to perform at KL Live on August 8th (Saturday), our friends at Future Sound Asia has given us 3 pairs of tickets to giveaway to our readers (yes, you guys!). All you gotta do to win yourself a pair is answer the following questions:
- Fill in the blanks. “He sees them talking with a big smile, ______________?”
- True or false: Echosmith is an all sibling band?
- In no more than 140 characters, tell us why you deserve to win passes to Good Vibes Presents Echosmith.
E-mail your answers with your details (Name, IC, Contact number) to firstname.lastname@example.org and stand a chance to walk away with a pair of tickets to Good Vibes Presents Echosmith.
- There will be no winners announcement post. Winners will be contacted via e-mail after the contest has closed. Each winner will walk away with ONE pair of tickets to Good Vibes Presents Echosmith.
- Winners are required to pick up their tickets from us at the venue on the day of the event.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable. Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of tickets for those who attempt to transfer it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of merchandise for those who attempt to transfers it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contest at their own discretion without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Submissions close on August 5th (Wednesday) at 6pm.
For more information, please visit Good Vibes Festival’s Official Facebook Page.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia