The future has been reset and we are ready to travel back into the past for the latest instalment of the “Terminator” franchise.
No prizes for guessing who will be making a comeback in the new “Terminator” film, of course ;)
The rebooted “Terminator” franchise will once again introduce its iconic characters including Sarah Connor, John Connor, and Kyle Reese. Arnold Schwarzenegger returns to reprise his iconic role as T-800, but won’t be playing a villainous role, this time around.
Titled “Terminator Genisys”, the film will introduce a post-apocalyptic world that is set in 2029. The Resistance, which is led by John Connor (played by Jason Clarke), is on the verge of winning a war against SkyNet. However, when he’s told that the rival has a new plan that will change the warfare forever, Connor’s 2nd commander Kyle Reese (played by Jai Courtney) volunteers to travel into the past to prevent the Terminator from killing John’s mother, Sarah Connor (played by Emilia Clarke).
However, the past isn’t quite the same when he gets there. Sarah is no longer getting threatened by the young T-800 because it has already been destroyed by the older version of T-800, who becomes Sarah Connor’s bodyguard in the divergent timeline. Another Terminator, T-1000 (played by Lee Byung-hun), was originally programmed to kill John Connor’s younger self in 1991’s “Terminator 2: Judgement Day”. However, he has now been programmed to kill Sarah and Kyle instead.
Directed by “Thor: The Dark World” helmer Alan Taylor, “Terminator Genisys” is the first in a planned trilogy based on a screenplay written by Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier. The film also stars J.K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi, Courtney B. Vance, and “Doctor Who” actor Matthew Smith.
Now that the terminators are back, we will be giving away giving us tonnes of exclusive premiere screening passes to our lucky readers thanks to our friends at United International Pictures Malaysia.
Deets of the premiere screening are as follows:
- Date: 30th June 2015 (Tuesday)
- Time: 9:00pm
- Venue: GSC Paradigm Mall
To win the passes, all you gotta do is:
- List out the 3 actresses who have portrayed Sarah Connor in the “Terminator” franchise.
- True or false: “Terminator: Genisys” is the first instalment of a new trilogy of the “Terminator” franchise.
- What would you do if you can reset the past? Write it in the most creative way possible.
E-mail your answers with your details (Name, IC, Contact number) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each winner walks away with 4 tickets per person. There are limited tickets and this will be based on a first-come-first-served basis.
That’s right. Start sending in those e-mails now before it’s too late 😉
Terms and conditions:
- There will be no winners announcement post. Winners will be contacted via e-mail after the contest has closed.
- Winners are required to redeem their tickets at the cinema on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable. Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of tickets for those who attempt to transfer it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contest at their own discretion without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Submissions close on 28th June (Sunday) at 6pm.
“Terminator Genysis″ is slated for release on 2nd July 2015 while its subsequent sequels will be released on 19th May 2017 and 29th June 2018 respectively.