Tiger Translate, the creation of art based on live music, is back!
A global platform created to applaud the blend of global creativity of music and arts through various exposures through diverse cultures and experiences, the Tiger Translate event has, over the years, grown in multiple countries by showcasing artistic collaborations that include music, design and art, photography, and more.
Aside from bringing together musicians and artistes, Tiger Translate is also known to feature artistic collaborations from homegrown artists – and this year, it’s back to uncage fresh experience in urban art and music.
Set to take place at APW in Bangsar on 13th June, this year’s Tiger Translate will bring forth a strong collection of alternative art.
Enjoy the new iconic Tiger reinterpreted abstractly by local artist Nicholas Choong, who has been commissioned by the brand to design all Tiger Translate key art featured on all posters, and merchandising. Look out for a 3D Tiger art sculpture by Thailand’s Rukkit Kuanhawate, a funky bar designed by Hong Kong’s Parent’s Parents, a glass art installation by Louise Low as well as contemporary art pieces by Malaysia-based Andrew T-Crum.
Artistic fans can also demonstrate their creative flairs by throwing paint-filled water balloons on a blank canvas to create a large piece of art while early birds get to take home a limited edition Tiger Translate / Huggaz beer bottle sleeves designed by Rukkit, Low, and Parent’s Parents.
On the music front, Tiger Translate has assembled an amazing line-up of indie musicians from near and far including homegrown artists Twilight Action Girl and rock band They Will Kill Us All, My Little Airport (from Hong Kong), Wonfu (Taiwan), and British acts Tim Exile and Blood Red Shoes.
The best part is that we’ll be giving away 80 tickets to Tiger Translate, 2 pairs of tickets per winner each. You want? Here’s how to get your hands on ’em! Check out this abstract art piece done by local visual artist Nicholas Choong, which represents his interpretation of what Tiger Translate is:
- Let us know which song (include YouTube, SoundCloud, Spotify links) you think best represents the art piece and why.
- Tell us why you think you deserve to win the Tiger Translate tickets.
E-mail your answers with your details (Name, IC, Contact number) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will choose 20 of the most interesting answers who will in turn win 2 pairs of tickets to Tiger Translate each!
Terms and conditions:
- There will be no winners announcement post. Winners will be contacted via e-mail after the contest has closed.
- Winners are required to pick up their tickets from our HQ.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable. Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of tickets for those who attempt to transfer it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of merchandise for those who attempt to transfers it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contest at their own discretion without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Submissions close on 5th June (Friday) at 6pm.
For more information, visit Tiger Translate’s microsite.