A total of 20 different versions of the album will be made available for the fans and each version would feature different member for its cover. Fans can either choose to buy the Korean version, the Chinese version, or both versions of the album. Fans who are planning to collect all 10 of them are encouraged to put the albums side by side because the spine of the albums would reveal EXO logo when they are placed together in a set.
The packaging of the Korean album is gold while the Chinese album is in grey. Each album will consist of a poster, a random autographed photo card, and a photobook booklet of 52 pages. The booklet is a mix of the lyrics and thank you notes from the EXO members.
The group has been teasing their comeback by dropping a series of “Pathcode” teasers. Each teaser would require fans to figure out the password so that they can have access to their secret promotional website. “EXODUS” is a highly anticipated album because it would mark EXO’s first comeback in 10 months after the release of their 2nd mini album “Overdose” in May 2014.
A total of 10 tracks will be featured in the album including their title track “Call Me Baby”. The songs were specially composed by SHINee’s Jonghyun and the SM Songwriting Camp including The Underdogs, Teddy Riley, Stereotypes, Kenzie. EXO performed some of the new songs during their 2nd solo concert “EXO Planet #2 – The EXO’luXion“ in Seoul.
The tracklist is as follows:
- Call Me Baby: their title song which has a strong and addictive hook and melody with witty lyrics
- Transformer: a song with a strong drum beat and brass (Stereotypes and Kenzie)
- What If: an R&B ballad song (The Underdogs)
- Playboy: a story about a chic playboy (SHINee’s Jonghyun)
- My Answer: a song about a man’s sincere confession towards one girl
- Exodus: a dance song about a guy who wants to escape from a girl with fatal charms
- El Dorado: song from EXO’s debut teaser video back in 2012
- Beautiful: also a song from EXO’s debut teaser
- Hurt: a dark and dreamlike song with strong beat and sound
- Lady Luck: a slow tempo urban R&B song
“EXODUS” is slated for release digitally on Melon, Genie, and Naver Music and physically in stores on 30th March. They will also make their comeback onstage through Mnet M! Countdown on 2nd April.