Backstreet’s back, alright!
As you guys may have already heard by now, once known as the biggest boy band in the world, Backstreet Boys (BSB) will be making their way back to Kuala Lumpur this May. That’s right – A.J., Brian, Howie D, Nick, and Kevin are embarking on an Asian tour which will kick off in Taipei on April 30th.
The tour which also includes neighbouring countries like Singapore and Manilla was announced on February 4th in an official statement:
Yup, that’s right – the Backstreet Boys are coming back and if you’ve not gotten your ticket for their concert you best do it now because from what we hear, they’re selling like hot cakes! Don’t believe us?
Check out the seating chart below:
In conjunction with Backstreet Boys’ return to Kuala Lumpur, we’ve come up with a list of fun facts about the band that you may or may not know. Check it:
- The Backstreet Boys first gained popularity in Canada and Europe before making it big in America. They also won their first triple platinum award thanks to their loyal fans in Canada.
- Backstreet Boys was formed in 1993 (yes, that’s 22 years ago) and were the first group to send 7 consecutive albums straight to the top 10 on the Billboard 200 since Sade.
- The 2 BSB members who are most likely to butt heads are Kevin and Nick.
- The band was created by music impresario Lou Pearlman. Pearlman was later sued by BSB for misrepresentation and fraud.
- Kevin announced that he was leaving BSB in 2006. The remaining went on to put out 2 albums before Kevin rejoined them in 2012.
- Nick joined BSB at the age of 13 and started using marijuana at the age of 15 before he started taking Vicodin and Ecstasy. In 2013, he admitted to still be struggling with alcohol but was completely off drugs.
- Nick was blamed for the death of his sister, Leslie, by his family. He also wrote the autobiography “Facing The Music And Living To Talk About It”.
- A.J. checked into rehab for the third time in 2011. He has since been sober and married Rochelle Deanna Karadisy in December that year. The couple welcomed their daughter, Ava Jaymes in November 2012.
- Kevin is the eldest of the Backstreet Boys and is also known for acting on Broadway and in indie films.
- Brian joined BSB at the age of 18 and was born with a congenital heart problem which is the number one birth defect in the world.
- Howie auditioned for Backstreet Boys under the name Tony Donett in 1992. He’s also known to be involved in advocacy for lupus awareness after losing his sister to the disease.
- As of 2010, Backstreet Boys sold over 130 million records worldwide and their hit single “I Want It That Way” topped the singles charts in more than 25 countries.
- They received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles in April 2013.
- They celebrated their 20th anniversary in 2013 and released a new album called “In A World Like This”.
- Backstreet Boys recently released their documentary “Show ‘Em What You’re Made Of“, which detailed their journey to becoming the world’s biggest boy band before it all fell apart.
There you have it – 15 fun facts about the band that we hope will help prep you for their upcoming show here in Kuala Lumpur. Information for Backstreet Boys’ “In A World Like This Tour” live in Malaysia are as follows:
Date: 3rd May (Sunday)
Venue: Stadium Negara
We leave you today with “I’ll Never Break Your Heart”, one of our personal favourites from Backstreet Boys.