At 21 years old, Will Sparks is a DJ producer hailing Melbourne who has cemented his position as the undisputed “King” of the now internationally loved Melbourne Sound − the Melbourne bounce. Undoubtedly the fastest rising star in the current Australian dance music scene, Will Sparks genre-defining track “Ah Yeah!” hit #3 on the Beatport overall charts at the tail end of 2012.
Following his success so far, the Melbourne-bred sensation has come in at #2 Australian DJ for the inthemix Top 50 DJ’s, picked up the inthemix Awards going for “Breakthrough Artist of the Year”, and scored a number of internationally recognised festivals including TomorrowWorld, Stereosonic, and Future Music Festival (FMF).
His highly praised musical talent and energetic electro-house beats with his own twist have gotten him support from some of the biggest names in the scene today including Hardwell, David Guetta, Martin Garrix, Dada Life, Madeon and more. Apart from playing sold-out festival and club gigs across the world such as XS Las Vegas, Studio Paris in Chicago and Pacha NYC, Sparks also holds residencies at Melbourne’s biggest spot “Billboard” and Pacha in Sydney.
On 15th Jan (Thursday), Will Sparks will be making his way back to Kuala Lumpur as part of his Asia tour. In order to prep you for his upcoming show here in Gravity Club KL, here are some fun facts about the young DJ/producer:
- No stranger to Malaysia, Will Sparks played at Zouk Club KL and Future Music Festival Asia (FMFA) 2014.
- He grew up listening to The Bee Gees, John Farnham and Rod Stewart but from the age of 12 to 17, he was into a lot of old school rock and metal.
- Metal bands that he was into includes Killswitch Engage, Trivium, and Lamb of God.
- He hated house music and electronic stuff until he hopped into a club 6 years ago and discovered minimal spacey Melbourne stuff and fell in love with the music.
- He used to DJ in his room to himself for about 10 hours straight a night.
- He once said that if he could collaborate with an artiste from the past, it would be Michael Jackson.
- Will Sparks was head-hunted to remix on of the biggest pop songs of 2013 “Blurred Lines”.
- He loves home cooked food, especially his mom’s prawn pasta.
Don’t forget! Will Sparks is set to make it bounce this Thursday, 15th Jan at Gravity Club KL. For now, we’ll leave you with our favourite “Bourne” by Will Sparks.
For more information, hit up Gravity Club KL’s Facebook page.