First things first, we have to remind you that Netflix hasn’t come to our part of the world yet but we can most definitely expect our local television networks such as Hypp TV or Astro to bring us these exclusive new TV series.
Earlier last year, Marvel Studios signed a multi-show deal with Netflix, allowing various superheroes to make their TV debut. Marvel’s Daredevil, the blind superhero is the first in line to make his TV debut this year.
On 7th Jan, Marvel announced that Netflix will air the first episode of “Daredevil” on 10th April 2015. Although the studio just announced that Mike Colter will join Netflix’s “A.K.A. Jessica Jones” as Luke Cage, the premiere date for the series has yet to be announced, presumably still in production.
New TV series that will be coming to Netflix this year include “Bloodline”, “Grace & Frankie”, “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”. All are of different genres, offering a wide selection for viewers with different interests. “Bloodline” is a family thriller exec produced by Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman, and Glenn Kessler (The creators of “Damages”) while “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” is a comedy sitcom acquired from NBC and produced by Tina Fey and Robert Carlock.
A brief synopsis and the premiere date of these new series are as follows:
1. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Premiere date: 6th March 2015
- Cast: Ellie Kemper, Dylan Gelula, Tanner Flood, Jane Krakowski, Tituss Burgess, Carol Kane
- Synopsis: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt stars “The Office” actress Ellie Kemper as a woman who escapes a doomsday cult and starts life over in New York.
- Premiere date: 20th March 2015
- Cast: Kyle Chandler, Ben Mendelsohn, Linda Cardellini, Norbert Leo Butz, Jacinda Barrett, Jamie McShane, Enrique Murciano, Sissy Spacek, Sam Shepard
- Synopsis: Set in the Florida Keys, “Bloodline” centres on a close-knit family of four adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when their black sheep brother returns home.
3. Marvel’s Daredevil
- Premiere date: 10th April 2015
- Cast: Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson
- Synopsis: Blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) fights against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the Super Hero “Daredevil” in modern day Hell’s Kitchen.
4. Grace and Frankie
- Premiere date: 8th May 2015
- Cast: Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin
- Synopsis: A pair of frenemies whose lives are turned upside down – and permanently intertwined – when their husbands leave them for each other. Together, they must face starting over in their 70s in a 21st century world.
Other than the series we’ve mentioned in our TV guide, Netflix’s original series “Marco Polo” will also return with a 10-episode Season 2 while the Season 2 of “The Fall” (starring “The X-Files” actress Gillian Anderson) will premiere on 16th Jan.
While we patiently wait for our local television networks to bring these series to us, tell us, which Netflix series are you most excited to see? Sound off in the comments box below.