The Samsung Galaxy S5 has become the latest tech giant to take on the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness for ALS. Of course, all in good humour although it does seem like it’s taking a swipe at competing devices from rival companies. Because as techies would already know, the Samsung GALAXY s5 is an Android smartphone that is water-resistant. Its direct competitors are the HTC One M8 and the iPhone 5S – both of which aren’t water-resistant.
Hence, trust Samsung to point that out in the challenge:
Well, that made us laugh!
Meanwhile, here are some of the best #ALSIceBucketChallenge videos that we’ve seen over the past week:
- The “Heavenly Kings” of the East Andy Lau and Jay Zhou.
- K-Pop idols Super Junior’s Siwon, Donghae, and Eunhyuk.
- The world’s top DJs/producers e.g. Tiesto, Calvin Harris, Nicky Romero, and more.
- Bosses of their league Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg and Microsoft’s Bill Gates.
- Members of the DC and Marvel Cinematics Universe, because they’re cool like that.
- The “Young & Dangerous” members, together again after 14 years for the challenge.
- Our favourite YouTubers being all cute and charming.
- These Korean celebrities who were also bitten by the ice cold bug.
- Anthony Carbajal, the 26-year-old real-life ALS patient who stole our hearts.
Let’s not forget that whether or not you get called out to take on the challenge, you can also make a donation to the ALS Association here. If you want to do your part, you know where to go.
For more information, visit the ALS Association’s official website.