The #ALSIceBucketChallenge has taken social media by storm.
The craze has gotten so big that people from all over the world, including celebrities are dumping ice buckets over themselves and donating money after. What is ALS, you ask? ALS also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, is a fatal neurodegenerative disease that attacks the brain and spinal cord.
ALS can strike anyone and as ridiculous as you think it is for people to be dumping ice all over themselves, the “Ice Bucket Challenge” is actually a brilliant gimmick and has proven to be a wonderful way to create an awareness of the disease. Ever since Pete Frates started this challenge in July, more money has been donated to the foundation and people are becoming increasingly aware of the disease.
Now, names such as Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Gwen Stefani, Iggy Azalea, Jennifer Lopez, Christiano Ronaldo, Steven Gerrard and many more have taken part in the “Ice Bucket Challenge”. Some celebrities however, took the challenge to a whole other level. Here’s our pick of the Top 10 Celebrity “Ice Bucket Challenge”:
1. Robert Downey Jr. took a break from being awesome to be even more awesome by taking part in the ALS “Ice Bucket Challenge”! The actor is seen sitting in the pool as he gets icy water dumped on him before he could finish what he was saying! Haha
2. Justin Timberlake together with The Tennessee Kids accept the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. JT called out Jimmy Fallon in his challenge.
3. Lady Gaga rules all. Mama Monster doesn’t say a word in her challenge but has nominated Adele, Michael Rapino, Vincent Herbert, and Arthur Fogel on her Facebook page.
4. Guardians Of The Galaxy’s Chriss Pratt took the “Ice Bucket Challenge” in an unorthodox way that includes downing a bottle of Smirnoff Ice but thanks to his wife Anna Faris, he doesn’t get away without a soaking wet shirt.
5. Dr. Dre takes on the “Ice Bucket Challenge” and came out seemingly unfazed after taking a 50 gallon bucket of ice cold water! The rapper nominated fellow rappers Eminem, Kendrick Lamar and Snoop Dogg to take on the challenge.
6. Chris Pratt‘s Guardians Of The Galaxy co-star, Dave Bastista, accepts Pratt’s challenge and takes on the “Ice Bucket Challenge”. However, he does it slightly differently – instead of throwing a bucket of ice on himself, he gets into a tub full of ice. *shivers!*
7. Macklemore takes the “Ice Bucket Challenge” in front of 30,000 screaming German fans! So dope!
8. Challenged by a number of people, including Justin Timberlake, Jimmy Fallon together with Steve Higgins, The Roots, and Rob Riggle takes on the challenge. It’s really very nice to see so many celebrities in just one video.
9. Taylor Swift and Jamie King does the “Ice Bucket Challenge” and also offers to donate USD100 for every person in the video. Epic!
So, there you have it, our 10 favourite “Ice Bucket Challenge” videos. Before we go, we leave you with Charlie Sheen’s version of the challenge. Yes, he may just have ruined it for everyone.
If you want to be part of the “Ice Bucket Challenge”, all you have to do is record yourself pouring a bucket of ice water over your head. Before doing that, challenge 3 of your friends, loved ones, or co-workers to do the same within 24 hours.