The DJ with the baby face, Avicii, is more than just his good looks.
Currently one of the most well-known producers in the growing Swedish house scene, Tim Bergling, better known as Avicii, came in #3 on DJ Mag’s Top 100 Polls 2013. Born in Stockholm in 1989, Avicii was 18 when he started writing and remixing tracks in his bedroom before leaking them onto various blogs.
Influenced by Daft Punk and Steve Angello, this 25-year-old DJ became a huge hit across Europe and in the U.K. with his remix of “Seek Bromance”. Now known for his melodic house sound, Avicii released the song “2 Million” after reaching that number of likes on Facebook, while his hit single “Levels” and its accompanying video were nominated at the 2012 MTV Music Video Awards.
Avicii released his highly anticipated collaboration “I Could Be The One” with Nicky Romero towards the end of 2012 and the track was a smash hit that was featured heavily on reality TV shows.
In 2013, Avicii received a Grammy nomination for the “Best Dance Recording” with his single “Levels”, but lost out to Skirllex & Sirah’s “Bangarang”.
June 2013 saw the release of his single “Wake Me Up” featuring Aloe Blacc. The single, from his debut album True, reached the top of the UK charts and showed off Avicii’s new musical direction – a more traditional style of pop.
Will Avicii be able to go up two levels and beat Armin van Buuren and Hardwell to claim the Number 1 spot? That really depends on your votes, now doesn’t it? Well before you vote, here are things you should know about Avicii:
- At the start of his career, Avicii used music blogs as a platform to spread his music.
- Avicii became the face Ralph Lauren Denim & Supply. He also released a special edit of “Silhouettes,” pushing his music along with his brand on a nationwide scale.
- Avicii and his manager Ash Pournouri started House for Hunger in 2011 because Avicii aims to end global hunger.
- “Wake Me Up” is the longest running #1 song for a Swedish act since 1989.
- Avicii made history on September 26th, 2012 for being the first DJ to headline world famous Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
- Pop icon, Madonna introduced Avicii at the main stage of Ultra Music Festival 2012. Avicii also opened for Madonna at her Yankee Stadium concert.
- “Levels” was Shazam’d over 3.5 million times in 2012 putting it at #19 on the list of 2012’s most Shazam’d songs.
Today we leave you with one our of favourite Avicii tracks: