With Guardians of the Galaxy premiering on July 31st, things sure are blowing up for Chris Pratt. This A-list actor who starred in movies such as The Lego Movie (2014), Her (2013), Five-Year Engagement (2012), Moneyball (2o11) and Wanted (2007) will be playing the role of Star-Lord in Marvel’s Guardian of the Galaxy.
From his infectious on screen charm, to drastic body changes he undergoes between roles, Pratt is one amazing actor. Why the sudden hype about Pratt, you ask? To be honest, he has been Hollywood’s main man for quite some time now, we’ve just not been paying attention.
Here are 6 things to help you familiarise with Chris Pratt:
- Before becoming an actor, Pratt was practically homeless for a year when he moved to Hawaii years ago. There, he lived in a van with his buddy Zeb, whom with he worked as a waiter at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Fortunately for Pratt, his job at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. led to his big break as he was spotted by actress Rae Dawn Chong who recruited him for the lead role of her film Cursed Part 3 in 2000.
- He met his wife, actress Anna Faris on the set of Take Me Home Tonight. The couple got married in July 2009 and together they have a gorgeous 2-year-old baby boy who Pratt describes to be a “ball of joy.”
- Raised in the town of Lake Stevens, Washington, Pratt was the high school jock. He was a fullback for the football team, a track athlete, and a state qualifying wrestler.
- He played the role of Bright Abbott in the 2002 – 2006 TV series, Everwood.
- He admits to being a lousy babysitter. In an interview, Pratt told Jimmy Kimmel that he remembers waking up on the couch while he was babysitting two young children and the little girl had put her little brother in an oven.
- Both Pratt and Faris collected dead insects as kids. The couple has since combined their childhood collection.
Pratt stars alongside Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel in the upcoming Marvel film Guardians of the Galaxy which opens in cinemas on July 31st (Thursday).