Olé, olé, olé, the World Cup has started!
Brazil marked the starting of its football festivities early this morning with a quirky grand opening ceremony that we think could have confused most viewers but definitely gave us a ball of ideas for our next Halloween costumes.
From dancing trees to running flowers and human footballs, the opening ceremony also saw Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull singing live. Here’s a list of some of the funniest moment during the Opening Ceremony:
1. The disco ball globe. Party or what, huh huh?
2. The epic football-human hybrid that is such an endangered species, it can only be found in Brazil. True story.
3. People of nature – grass people?
4. Flower people?
5. Tree people? Are we in a musical?
6. This guy who rowed into the ceremony on people with a seatbelt on.
7. Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte, Jennifer Lopez, and rapper Pitbull performing on an elaborate stage that resembled a peeled melon. Yup. A. Peeled. Melon. We’re definitely in a musical.
8. Lastly and probably the funniest of it all – Pitbull’s pants! What. Why? That is all.
Though there were some funny moments, the World Cup’s opening ceremony was definitely colourful and bright! If you missed the opening performance of the official FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil theme song, here:
Share with us your thoughts on the opening ceremony by sounding off in the comments!