Before they were officially named, they were known as “JYP sisters” or the “Chinese Wonder Girls, a group in training. They began their first official promotional activities in China when they signed up with Samsung China and released, “Love Again”. Fei, Jia, Min, and Suzy were then formally introduced as a four-member K-Pop girl group named, “miss A” when they made their debut in South Korea with their single, “Bad Girl Good Girl”. It topped various music charts (M! Countdown, KBS Music Bank, SBS Inkigayo) and earned them their first Mutizen award on M! Countdown.
In September 2010, the group released their first mini album, “Step Up”, with the lead single, “Breathe”. The girls then went on to promote “Breathe” on M! Countdown, KBS Music Bank, MBC Show! Music Core, and SBS Inkigayo. “Breathe” went on to cinch the #1 spot on M! Countdown and it stayed there for a week.
A year later, their first full album, “A Class” was released, with a total of 13 songs. During the promotions of “A Class”, miss A won multiple awards from KBS Music Bank, SBS Inkigayo, and MBC Show! Music Core. The album was also released in Chinese with a special edition containing a DVD of their music videos. miss A’s Chinese album ranked #1 on several charts including “Ezpeer” (Taiwan’s biggest music portal).
In February 2012, the first music video teaser for their new song, “Touch”, was released on their official YouTube channel. The music video would eventually lead to the launch of their mini album. A few more teasers featuring miss A’s members were uploaded before the actual music video was revealed. It gained over one million views within 24 hours. “Touch” went on to hit the #1 spot on various Korean real-time music charts and win them more awards. When the mini album was released in Hong Kong and Taiwan, it immediately topped Chinese online charts:
[youtube id=”aF8Fst_zonU” width=”600″ height=”350″]
The miss A girls are also currently in the running to bag the “Song of The Year” award for “Touch” at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur”!
Other facts about miss A as follows:
- Woo Hye Rim aka Lim was supposed to debut with miss A but left the group to join the Wonder Girls as their newest member in 2010.
- Min was a solo artiste and a long-time trainee in America. She trained in the US for six years before going back to South Korea in 2008.
- Fei was scouted one day while she was on her way to dance schoo in Guang Zhoul. She appeared in 2PM’s “My Color” music video prior to miss A’s debut.
- Jia scored a trainee spot via her dance school’s audition. She, too, appeared in 2PM’s “My Color” music video prior to miss A’s debut.
- Both Fei and Jia trained under JYP Entertainment for three years and learned Korean during their training days. They are now quite fluent in the language.
- The “maknae” of miss A, Suzy, was spotted while auditioning for “Superstar K”. She was then asked to join JYP Entertainment.
- Min studied at the Repertory Company High School in Manhattan, New York and can speak English fluently.
Here’s another fact: miss A is slated to make an appearance at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur” (GDA).
To purchase tickets, hit up TicketPro or any of their participating outlets right now! Tickets to the event are available in three tiers, priced at RM999 (Samsung GALAXY Zone), RM688 (Rockpit), and RM199 (Hallyu Zone). We hear that tickets are going to go fast so hurry!
For more information, visit their official website.