Known for their highly synchronized dancing as well as their “Scorpion Dance”, INFINITE is a seven member K-Pop idol group that is popular in both South Korea and Japan. Though they’re fairly new in the Korean music industry, Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol, L, and Sungjong made 2011 their big breakout year with their “Before The Dawn” music video. Yes, the same music video that earned them the “Scorpion Dance” title.
Contrary to popular belief, “Before the Dawn” aka BTD is a single off not their first EP, but their second. Their first EP “First Invasion” was released in 2010. It was only half a year later that INFINITE earned their fame, when they released BTD. A few months after the promotions for BTD ended, INFINITE released their first album, “Over The Top”. It went on to receive such high praises that in September 2011, INFINITE bagged their First Music Show #1 Award in M! Countdown. They also received a “Double Crown” for winning two consecutive #1 wins at M! Countdown.
In February 2012, INFINITE performed their very first Korean concert in front of approximately 8,000 fans at the Seoul Olympic Park. The concert did so well that an encore performance was held in April 2012, once again at Seoul Olympic Park. They instantly sold out all 10,000 seats for the encore performance.
A few months later, the boys released their third mini album entitled, “Infinitize”. That too, went on to receive positive reviews. As a matter of fact, INFINITE was awarded a “Triple Crown” for winning #1 in a week at all Music Programs. They bagged their first M! Countdown triple crown for the title track off “Infinitize”, which achieved top spot on the charts for three consecutive weeks:
[youtube id=”IOvV0M7V4bA” width=”600″ height=”350″]
They is also currently in the running to bag the “Disk Album of The Year” award for “Infinitize” at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur”!
Other facts about INFINITE as follows:
- In order to break into the Japanese music market, INFINITE began studying Japanese before their Korean debut.
- INFINITE first appeared in the reality show “You Are My Oppa” introducing the group before making their debut.
- In 2011, INFINITE members Sungyeol and L walked the Fashion Week runway in Seoul.
- INFINITE’s leader, Sunggyu, was featured in Epik High’s “Run” music video.
- Sunggyu, known to be a fast learner, studied Chinese for five years.
- The tickets for “Second Invasion” (INFINITE’s very first Korean concert) at Seoul Olympic Park sold out within 10 minutes after being released online.
- In November 2011, INFINITE participated in “Birth of a Family” where they had to take care of three dogs.
Here’s another fact: INFINITE is slated to make an appearance at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur” (GDA).
To purchase tickets, hit up TicketPro or any of their participating outlets right now! Tickets to the event are available in three tiers, priced at RM999 (Samsung GALAXY Zone), RM688 (Rockpit), and RM199 (Hallyu Zone). We hear that tickets are going to go fast so hurry!
For more information, visit their official website.