American-born Lee Yijin aka Amy Lee aka Ailee first started publicly singing when she created a YouTube channel after her friends told her that she was a good singer. At that time, she mostly did covers of songs from popular artistes such as Rihanna, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, and Jordin Sparks. Before her debut, she was an artiste under an independent agency based out of New York and New Jersey named ,”Muzo Entertainment”.
After garnering a huge interest in pursuing a music career, she moved to South Korea in 2010. She signed on as a trainee under YMC Entertainment and by October 2011, she was already making features in songs such as K-pop idol Wheesung’s “They Are Coming”. As a matter of fact, she performed alongside Wheesung on the MBC Chuseok special episode of “Singer and Trainee”. She won first place in that episode.
Her presence in the Korean music industry was immediately felt by the masses although she has yet to debut. Listeners were extremely impressed that Ailee carried herself like a professional singer. By February 2012, Ailee is already one of the most popular K-Pop singers in the region and her fame was heightened when she released her debut song, “Heaven”.
“Heaven” was written and produced by Wheesung and the music video for the song featured B2ST’s Gi Kwang. A month after Ailee’s debut, she dominated the Cyworld Music Awards (based on music charts and determined by the artiste of group with the highest sales for the month) where she snagged two awards for “Song of the Month” and “Rookie of the Month”:
[youtube id=”L9ro1KjkJMg” width=”600″ height=”350″]
On top of that, Ailee is also currently in the running to bag the “Song of The Year” award for “Heaven” and the “New Rising K-Pop Star Award” at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur”!
Other facts about Ailee as follows:
- Ailee once confessed that she has “phasmophobia” – also known as the fear of ghosts. But oddly, she has also said that she likes horror movies.
- Not only can she sing, the multi-talented girl can also play the piano, a little bit of drums, and the flute.
- She also writes songs but she hasn’t published any one of them because she’s shy.
- When asked, Ailee admitted that she’s not confident about her looks.
- To pursue her music career, she dropped out of Pace University, where she was studying criminal justice.
- When asked about her favourite K-Pop idols/idol groups, she said that she likes 2NE1, 2PM, 2AM, BoA, and Hyori.
- She absolutely loves Vitamin Water.
Here’s another fact: Ailee is slated to make an appearance at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur” (GDA).
To purchase tickets, hit up TicketPro or any of their participating outlets right now! Tickets are priced at RM999 (Samsung GALAXY Zone) and RM688 (Rockpit). We hear that tickets are going to go fast so hurry!
For more information, visit their official website.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia