This October, BIO (Astro Channel 731) chronicles the life and career of the eccentric, driven and often media-shy Johnny Depp. Rebelling against his early image as a Hollywood hunk, Depp opted to play complex characters in such movies as Edward Scissorhands and What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, gaining great fame and recognition in the process. Depp later became a screen icon for his portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow.
Fun facts about Johnny Depp
- He has never won an Oscar.
- Depp’s first major movie role was in 1984’s horror film “A Nightmare on Elm Street“.
- At 12, his mum gave him a guitar as a gift and he began playing various garage bands and he was in a pink band called ‘The Kids’, who opened for big-name performaers like Iggy Pop, Duran Duran and The B-52.
- He is allergic to chocolate.
- Johnny donated the money he earned for “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus” to late Heath Ledger’s baby daughter.
- Before H&M became a massive chain store, Johnny was modeling for the brand in a European ad campaign.
- He was named People’s “Sexiest Man Alive” in 2003 and 2009.
- He owns a vineyard estate in France where he grows grapes and makes his own French wine.
- Johnny is part Cherokee, Native American heritage.
- Johnny has two silver skull rings (one for each ring finger) and he wears it to remind him that life is short and to live life to the fullest.
Johnny Depp will premiere on BIO (Astro Channel 731) on 27th October (Saturday) at 8pm.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia