Bruno Mars is back with his new single, “Locked Out Of Heaven” off his second album, “Unorthodox Jukebox” which drops on 11th December. The single, said to be highly anticipated (especially after some bad press and oh, you know, stuff) premiered worldwide just yesterday and already, people are humming along to its infectious tune.
We’re not surprised through – he is Bruno Mars after all:
- Bruno Mars has sold over 5 million albums and over 45 million singles worldwide and is undoubtedly among contemporary pop’s most gifted and compelling new artists.
- Released in October 2010, “Doo-wops & Hooligans”, has been certified 39x Platinum worldwide and was greeted with both popular success and critical acclaim from all corners of the globe.
- Fueled by a remarkable string of hit singles, including the multi-platinum #1 smashes, “Just The Way You Are” and “Grenade”, the album earned worldwide sales in excess of 5 million and instantly established Mars as a major force in modern pop music.
- Along with his commercial and critical success, Mars soon racked up a remarkable record of prestigious awards, including a “Best Male Pop Vocal Performance” Grammy Award (for “Just The Way You Are”), an American Music Award for “Pop or Rock Music/Favorite Male Artist”, two MTV European Music Awards, and multiple 2011 Billboard Awards including “Top Male Hot 100 Artist of the Year”.
- As if those weren’t enough, Mars received a stunning amount of additional honors from ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) , including “Song of the Year” for “Just The Way You Are” in the ASCAP Pop Awards.
Anyone else thinks that he’s definitely still got it with “Locked Out Of Heaven”?
[youtube id=”lKcexAkmEvI” width=”600″ height=”350″]