Last year, more than 7.3 million people watched the awards. And by that, we mean both young and old alike.
This year, hosted by Will Smith, the 25th annual Kids’ Choice Awards kept to its true tradition – the show’s trademark green gunk. If you’ve been following them closely, you’d know that the awards’ real features aren’t the “Blimp”s itself but it’s when and on whom the slime will spill.
It’s like a baptism into kid-dome that can come at any moment: from a hidden bucket, dumped from the rafters or exploded from little orange blimps.
Halle Berry was the first to be covered with gunk:
Then the slime runneth over “Twilight” star Taylor Lautner:
“Team Green Jacob”, anyone?
Also, clearly, nobody wanted to leave “Glee” star Chris Colfer feeling “left out”:
And last but not least (can’t say we didn’t laugh out loud at this), Justin Bieber:
Green is such a good colour on you, Justin!
But of course, Justin Bieber didn’t have a go at it alone. The host himself wasn’t forgotten. Will Smith, who initially screamed, “No one is safe from the slime! You have to earn the slime! It’s an honour.” was utterly drenched in all that Nickelodeon goo too at the end of the show:
All jokes and slime prime time aside, the Nickelodeon’s 25th Annual Kids’ Choice Awards was held at the Galen Center in Los Angeles, California on the 31st of March 2012. Some 20 awards were presented to a considerable roster of stars – some of which we’re pretty sure even you are a fan of. And no, you don’t have to be seven to be a fan of these celebrities.
The stellar winners at this year’s awards were such as Selena Gomez (for both favourite TV actress and female singer), Kristen Stewart (favorite movie actress), Adam Sandler (favourite movie actor), and Katy Perry (favourite voice in an animated movie for “Smurfs”).
Here’s the complete list of winners:
- Favorite movie: “Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked!”
- Favorite movie actor: Adam Sandler
- Favorite movie actress: Kristen Stewart
- Favorite animated movie: “Puss in Boots”
- Favorite voice from an animated movie: Katy Perry
- Favorite TV show: “Victorious”
- Favorite TV actor: Jake Short
- Favorite TV actress: Selena Gomez
- Favorite TV sidekick: Jennette McCurdy
- Favorite reality show: “Wipeout”
- Favorite cartoon: “SpongeBob SquarePants”
- Favorite buttkicker: Taylor Lautner
- Favorite male athlete: Tim Tebow
- Favorite female athlete: Danica Patrick
- Favorite book: “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” series
- Favorite video game: “Just Dance 3”
- Favorite music group: Big Time Rush
- Favorite male singer: Justin Bieber
- Favorite female singer: Selena Gomez
- Favorite song: “Party Rock Anthem,” LMFAO
Katy Perry, upon accepting her award said to the young audience, “The only reason why I’m still here today – and remember this – is because I’ve never grown up!”
Aww. A sweetheart through and through. No wonder your fans love you!
For more pictures, visit Nickelodeaon’s 25th Annual Kids’ Choice Awards official website.