Phew. Toronto’s star-studded MuchMusic Video Awards 2012 just came and went. For fans, it was the experience of a lifetime to be as close as humanly possible to their favourite stars. And by “as close as humanly possible”, we mean “super close and might accidentally scream like fangirls or fanboys all up in their faces”.
This year’s awards saw performances and appearances by the LMFAO duo, Katy Perry (yay!), Kelly Clarkson, Justin Bieber (duh, Canadian), Carly Rae Jepsen, Lucy Hale, Perez Hilton, Far East Movement (Asian pride!) Nelly Furtado, Headley, and more.
Not only did some of your favourite celebrities look absolutely smashing, some of them even walked away with MMVA with the iconic accolades. So if you missed the live stream on their website earlier, fret not. We’ve got the lowdown on this year’s big winners right here:
- UR Fave International Artist or Group – Katy Perry
- UR Fave Video of the Year – Carly Rae Jepsen ‘Call Me Maybe’
- UR Fave Artist or Group – Justin Bieber:
- Video of the Year – Carly Rae Jepsen “Call Me Maybe”
- International Video of the Year (Group) – LMFAO “Sexy and I Know It”
- MuchVibe Hip Hop Video of the Year – Drake “The Motto”
- Most Online Streamed Video – Carly Rae Jepsen “Call Me Maybe”:
[youtube id=”fWNaR-rxAic” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- Post-Production Video of the Year – Down With Webster “Big Wheels”
- Cinematography Video of the Year – Marianas Trench “Fallout”
- Director of the Year – Danny Fernandes “Hit Me Up”
- Pop Video of the Year – Marianas Trench “Hadn’t Had Enough”
- International Video of the Year (Artist) – Katy Perry “Last Friday Night”:
- International Video of the Year by a Canadian – Justin Bieber “Boyfriend”
This year’s big winners? Evidently, none other than Justin Bieber and Katy Perry. Also, congratulations newcomer Carly Rae Jepsen on the wins!
We can’t say we’re surprised.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia