While some international YouTubers are busy celebrating their first, second, third, fourth, or fifth millionth subscriber, the world’s largest online video sharing community has finally come to our shores:
[youtube id=”ufsZsc1QIZY” width=”600″ height=”350″]
YouTube (based in San Bruno, California) will now offer a localized platform for Malaysians (who apparently watch over one million hours of YouTube videos a day) to easily and quickly find videos most relevant to them, on top of content from YouTube’s global partners. How?
By launching YouTube Malaysia!
Let’s break it down and talk about what this means, shall we?
From a Malaysian YouTuber’s standpoint:
- Consumers will now have easier, more strategic access to local YouTube content
- Malaysian YouTubers instantaneously gain security from knowing that Malaysia is on the “YouTube map”
- The “motivation floodgates” have opened for the everyday consumer as well as Malaysian YouTubers to make more creative content
From a business standpoint:
- Partnership with Music Author’s Copyright Protection (MACP) allows artistes to earn revenue from YouTube
- Partnership with Astro Malaysia offers free information and entertainment to all Malaysians via YouTube
- Putting Malaysia on the “YouTube” map allows for more targeted advertising and marketing
Malaysians, we know, this has been a long overdue debut. But now that it’s here, start discovering, start creating, and start spreading your homegrown content even further across the globe.
And as we always say, “Malaysia Boleh!”
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia