Yay! After months of voting and waiting, the 2012 MTV Movie Awards finally happened. Celebs, musicians, and other notable guests (read: the Hilton sisters) flocked to Gibson Amphitheatre at University City, California to witness some of that “spotlight stealing” and “popcorn nabbing” action.
But of course, events like these always start with the prestigious “red carpet walk”, with celebrities donning their Sunday (and wardrobe) best to pose for the cameras. One of the first to arrive just hours ago is none other than the sweet Harry Potter starlet, Emma Watson aka Hermione Granger.
Fresh out of the set from the production of “The Bling Ring”, Emma looked absolutely divine! Who doesn’t love a young, little lady decked in a purple and blue short halterneck dress coupled with simple black strappy heels?
Also working his way through the crowd and strutting onto the red carpet is Josh Hutcherson aka Peeta Mellark from “The Hunger Games”.
Aww. Looking smart, Josh! And that hat is a nice touch. Why, he was such a sweetheart that he even took time to pose with his co-star (though she’s old enough to be his mom), Elizabeth Banks aka Effie Trinket.
Elizabeth had on what would most likely be voted the most daring outfit at this year’s MTV Movie Awards – a lacy jumpsuit that hugged all her dangerous curves, all in the right places.
Phew. We’re glad she has a great body to boot, of course.
Joining the league of invited guests are the Hilton sisters, Paris and Nicky. And it’s just today that it has finally dawned upon us that Paris Hilton does not age. Seriously, look.
Of course, let’s not forget the likes of everyone’s favourite Addam’s Family character, Christina Ricci.
She definitely rocked the night dressed in a beautiful strapless little black dress with the cutest detailing. Yes, if you looked closely, you’d see that those are dozens of watches strapped across her best. And yes, those watches are perfectly working Timex ones – according to designer Christian Siriano anyway.
Last but not least, before we bring you to the list of winners, are “Snow White and The Huntsman” stars Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron. Kristen lit up the event with a shimmery short silver dress whereas Charlize looks like she can never take a bad photo.
See? It simply isn’t in her DNA.
And now, we know you’ve probably already heard that “The Hunger Games” and “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part I” are big winners at this year’s MTV Movie Awards. So here’s the complete breakdown for the star-studded event:
- Movie of the Year: “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part I”
- Best Female Performance: Jennifer Lawrence (The Hunger Games)
- Best Male Performance: Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games)
- Breakthrough Performance: Shailene Woodley (The Descendants)
- Best Comedic Performance: Melissa McCarthy (Bridesmaids)
- Best Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Tom Felton and the entire cast of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II”
- Best On-Screen Transformation: Elizabeth Banks (The Hunger Games)
- Best Fight: Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson vs. Alexander Ludwig (The Hunger Games)
- Best Kiss: Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part I)
- Best Gut-Wrenching Performance: Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Coven and Ellie Kemper (Bridesmaids)
- Best On-Screen Dirtbag: Jennifer Aniston (Horrible Bosses)
- Best Music: “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO (21 Jump Street)
Other notable awards include “Best True Trailblazer” which came and left with Emma Stone.
Also, let’s not forget the Generation Award which went to Johnny Depp. And we don’t disagree with the choice, not one bit!
After all, he did leave everyone speechless when he strapped on his guitar after accepting the award and joined The Black Keys onstage for an epic performance.
The night ended with an emotional Christian Bale paying a heartfelt tribute to the late but legendary Heath Ledger before Christopher Nolan screened and exclusive sneak peek of “The Dark Knight Rises“. Best moment of the show!
If you missed this morning’s telecast of the 2012 MTV Movie Awards, don’t forget to tune in tonight to catch it at 11pm, Astro Channel 713.
For more information, visit MTV’s official website.