• Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Movies

#GhostbustersReboot: It’s Official, The Film Is A Go, With A Twist!

by Lainey
October 9, 2014
Share on FacebookShare on Whatsapp

In August, it was rumoured that Sony was considering Paul Feig (of “Bridesmaids” fame) to direct the new Ghostbusters movie and that the film will be a “reboot focusing on female Ghostbusters”. At that time, nothing could be set in stone but Paul Feig was said to be Sony’s first choice for the job.

And now, we hear that the all-female “Ghostbusters” reboot is officially a go!

Ghostbusters

THR first reported the news, which Paul Feig confirmed in a tweet.

The director announced that he’ll team up with “The Heat” writer Katie Dippold to make the film, which has been the talk of the town for months:

It’s official. I’m making a new Ghostbusters & writing it with @katiedippold & yes, it will star hilarious women. That’s who I’m gonna call.

— Paul Feig (@paulfeig) October 8, 2014

As previously mentioned, Feig was Sony’s front-runner for the directing gig after Ivan Reitman exited the project in March.

Source: maximumfun.org
Paul Feig (Source: maximumfun.org)

In September, Reitman told HuffPost Live that Feig was “perfect” for the job:

There were always going to be women involved in the next iteration of ‘Ghostbusters.’ Paul seems to be the perfect director to sort of bring that about.

An all-female “Ghostbusters” movie? Talk about a highly unexpected twist! The reboot is slated to to kick off production in 2015.

YouTube video

No word on the release just yet.

(Source)

#GhostbusterReboot#Ghostbusters#Ghostbusters3All-Female GhostbustersGhostbusters Female CastGhostbusters Movie ProductionGhostbusters New FilmGhostbusters RebootGhostbusters RemakeNew Ghostbusters FIlmNew Ghostbusters MoviePaul Feig GhostbustersWhen Will The New Ghostbusters Movie Be Released
https://lomp.at/fnm37
Share3SendTweet2Share

Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news. 

FOLLOW THE HYPE

Sources: Twitter/DisneyStudios, TGV, YouTube/Disney
Movies

(Video) “Is It Really Live Action?”: Fans React To Disney’s “Moana” Live-Action Trailer

by Melissa
November 18, 2025

Disney has officially unveiled the first trailer for its forthcoming live-action reimagining of “Moana”, and while excitement is certainly in...

Read moreDetails
SOURCE: TWITTER (@noother_choice)
Movies

“F Your Consideration”: NEON’s New Billboard For “No Other Choice” Tickles Netizens

by Adleena
February 11, 2026

Fans weren’t thrilled when Park Chan-wook’s (박찬욱) “No Other Choice (어쩔수가없다)” failed to secure a single nomination for the 2026...

Read moreDetails
SOURCE: GSC
K-pop

GSC Presents Malaysia’s 1st VR concert With “ENHYPEN VR CONCERT: IMMERSION”

by Adleena
January 29, 2026

K-pop’s unrivaled storytellers ENHYPEN’s (엔하이픈) first VR concert, “ENHYPEN VR CONCERT: IMMERSION,” premiers on today (29th January 2026, Thursday) at...

Read moreDetails
SOURCES: INSTAGRAM (@thesimpsons)
Movies

“The Simpsons” Finally Getting A Second Movie After 20 Years

by Adleena
October 1, 2025

It’s been a long wait, but “The Simpsons” fans are finally getting the movie sequel they’ve been asking for. The...

Read moreDetails
Source: YouTube/AstroShaw, Facebook/miimaland/HighlandTowerTheMovie, posterfilemmalaysia
Movies

From “Dukun” To “Jengka”: Local Horror Films Based On Or Inspired By Real-Life Events

by Afiq Amin
November 5, 2025

Halloween may be over, but that doesn't mean the scares stop. Many horror films are already terrifying and disturbing in...

Read moreDetails


TOP STORIES TODAY

  1. 1

    (Video) Taiwanese Actress Belle Chuo Reveals Her Sensitive Spot While Filming A Commercial For Durex

  2. 2

    Natalie Tong’s Bakery Business Reportedly Slowing Down Just Over A Year After Opening

  3. 3

    (Video) Brunei’s Prince Mateen & Princess Anisha Welcome First Child

  4. 4

    “Marvel Zombies”: Full Episode Breakdown, Survivors, and Season 2 Hints

  5. 5

    Former Malaysian Girl Group Singer & 73-Year-Old Hubby Welcome 2nd Child

Malaysia’s live-wire for the latest news, trends, and entertainment is finally here. We are your calendar, your grapevine, your comic relief, your post-event coverage, and your celebrity stalker. Did we also mention that we are also your gateway to the world?

Contact us: newsdesk@hype.my

NETWORK

  • Lowyat.NET
  • Murai
  • Hangat
  • Lipstiq
  • Wanista
  • Varnam
  • Moviedash
  • Autofreaks
  • Fourthofficial

ABOUT

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Jobs
  • Terms
  • Privacy Policy

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.