Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Lowyat.NET
  • Lipstiq
  • Murai MY
  • Miss Murai
  • Varnam
  • Moviedash
  • Autofreaks
No Result
View All Result
Hype Malaysia
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
  • Giveaways
    • Contests
Hype Malaysia
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
  • Giveaways
    • Contests
No Result
View All Result
Hype Malaysia
No Result
View All Result
Home Celebrity

Michael Douglas Denies Saying Oral Sex Caused His Cancer

by Lainey
June 4, 2013
Share on FacebookShare on Whatsapp

A spokesman for Michael Douglas denied Monday that the veteran Hollywood actor had blamed his throat cancer on oral sex, in a British newspaper interview. But the paper involved, the Guardian, stuck to its guns and posted an audio clip of the interview on its website, insisting that Douglas had been referring to his own cancer being caused by cunnilingus.

Douglas’ spokesman Allen Burry said the 68-year-old “Fatal Attraction” star had discussed the link between oral cancers and oral sex, among other risk factors, but was not referring to his own specific case:

Michael did not say cunnilingus was the cause of his cancer. He certainly discussed oral sex in the article, and oral sex is a suspected cause of certain oral cancers, as the doctors in the article did point out. But he did not say this was the specific cause of his personal cancer.

In the newspaper interview Douglas, who stars in the just-released biopic of flamboyant entertainer Liberace, “Behind The Candelabra,” said his cancer was caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). According to the audio clip, the Guardian journalist asked him, “Do you feel, in hindsight, that you overloaded your system? Overloaded your system with drugs, smoking, drink?”

“Without wanting to get too specific, this particular cancer is caused by HPV, which actually comes about from cunnilingus”, Douglas replied.

Douglas’s spokesman said the actor was talking in general, not personal terms. “This is not the cause of his cancer“, he said.

Michael Douglas Catherine Zeta Jones

A spokesman for Guardian News & Media noted that Burry “has claimed that the actor did not say in an interview with the Guardian that his particular cancer was caused by cunnilingus.

“We have posted the relevant audio and transcript to prove that he did. The Guardian firmly denies this charge of misrepresentation. Mr Burry was not present at the (interview); the only two people present were Mr Douglas and the Guardian writer, Xan Brooks”, the paper noted online.

Burry, who did not immediately respond to request for further comment after the audio clip was posted, said earlier that he had not sought a correction from the British newspaper. “I’m not asking the Guardian to do anything, I think they did enough already”, he said.

The two-time Oscar winner revealed in 2010 that he was battling with stage-four cancer, but beat the disease thanks to a grueling regime of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. “I have to check in regularly — now it’s every six months — but I’m more than two years clear. And with this kind of cancer, 95 percent of the time it doesn’t come back”, he told the Guardian.

Research studies from Malmo University’s Faculty of Odontology and in The New England Journal of Medicine both suggest a correlation between oral sex and throat cancer. HPV infection is also the cause of 99 percent of cases of cervical cancer, according to studies cited by Britain’s National Health Service (NHS).

(Source)

Michael Douglas
https://lomp.at/lcu03
Share2SendTweet1Share

Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news. 

FOLLOW THE HYPE

SOURCES: TIKTOK (@buletintv3) & YOUTUBE (Rusa Music)
Celebrity

(Video) Aliff Syukri Tears Up After Being Freed Of Charges For His Controversial “Kelepok Raya” MV

by Adleena
August 28, 2025

In 2022, local entrepreneur Aliff Syukri sparked outrage with his “Kelepok Raya” music video, as many deemed it inappropriate for...

Read more
Source: IG/amiraaothman's profile pictureamiraaothman, TikTok/modemiroljonit
Celebrity

Collab Or Fitting? Amira Othman Meets Wedding Fashion Designer Mirol Jonit

Singer Amira Othman certainly made heads turn after recently posting a video of her in wedding attire. Many of her...

Read more
by Afiq Amin
August 28, 2025
Source: IG/andytehkh
Celebrity

Local Actor Andy Teh Clarifies Misconceptions About His Race & Religion

One of the great things about living in a multicultural country is seeing it reflected in our TV series and...

Read more
by Afiq Amin
August 28, 2025
SOURCES: FACEBOOK (李连杰 Jet Li) & XIAOHONGSHU (要点星闻)
Celebrity

(Video) Jet Li Sparks Concern Over Recent Airport Appearance After Undergoing Surgery

Earlier this month, Chinese martial arts icon Jet Li (李连杰) sparked concern after sharing photos and videos of himself at...

Read more
by Adleena
August 28, 2025
SOURCES: INSTAGRAM (@datin_lyanaz_official) & TIKTOK (@aliffbusu2)
Celebrity

(Video) Local Entrepreneur Datin Lyanaz Hassan Exposes Homestay Staff For Recording Her Showering

There have been many unfortunate cases where homestay guests revealed that they have been spied on or secretly recorded when...

Read more
by Adleena
August 27, 2025
SOURCES: TIKTOK (@imeringue2) & INSTAGRAM (@imranbard)
Celebrity

(Video) Imran Bard Is Not Giving Up Modeling Dream Even After Getting Rejected By 10 Agencies

Success doesn’t come overnight, and many people spend years getting to where they are now. Recently, local influencer Imran Bard...

Read more
by Adleena
August 27, 2025
SOURCES: XIAOHONGSHU (Zikiii & if)
Celebrity

(Video) Fans Crowd Pavilion KL For Eason Chan’s First Appearance In KL After 2 Years

It’s been a while, but Hong Kong singer Eason Chan (陈奕迅) is finally back in Malaysia! The Cantopop icon recently...

Read more
by Adleena
August 27, 2025
SOURCE: INSTAGRAM (@taylorswift)
Celebrity

(Photos) Taylor Swift & Travis Kelce Announce Engagement After 2 Years Together

It’s official - she said YES! American pop star Taylor Swift just broke the internet after announcing her engagement to...

Read more
by Adleena
August 27, 2025
Load More


TOP STORIES TODAY

  1. 1

    (Video) Local Entrepreneur Datin Lyanaz Hassan Exposes Homestay Staff For Recording Her Showering

  2. 2

    KLIA Airspace To Close This Week For Merdeka Celebrations; MAS Flights Retimed

  3. 3

    TWICE To Hold Concert In Malaysia Soon? Organiser Teases Fans

  4. 4

    (Videos) Meet The 14 Contestants Of The 2025 Miss HK Beauty Pageant

  5. 5

    Eason Chan To Make Appearance At Pavilion KL This August

Malaysia’s live-wire for the latest news, trends, and entertainment is finally here. We are your calendar, your grapevine, your comic relief, your post-event coverage, and your celebrity stalker. Did we also mention that we are also your gateway to the world?



Contact us: newsdesk@hype.my



  • About
  • Advertise
  • Jobs
  • Terms
  • Privacy Policy

©2025 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
  • Giveaways
    • Contests

©2025 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
  • Giveaways
    • Contests

©2025 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.