Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Lowyat.NET
  • Lipstiq
  • Murai MY
  • Miss Murai
  • Varnam
  • Moviedash
  • Autofreaks
No Result
View All Result
Hype Malaysia
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
  • Giveaways
    • Contests
Hype Malaysia
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
  • Giveaways
    • Contests
No Result
View All Result
Hype Malaysia
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Police Suspect Bomb Threats From 27 Malaysian Schools Linked To Similar Case In Jamaica

by Rachel Chuah
November 22, 2023
Source: China Press

Source: China Press

60
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on Whatsapp

Since news of the viral bomb threat to international schools yesterday (21st November), the number  of schools that received the threat has apparently gone up. Currently, police have reported over 27 schools from across the country being affected.

However, police have also revealed further information regarding the email sent out, and what their investigations have turned up so far. Surprisingly, it seems Malaysia isn’t the first country to have been sent these same bomb threats.

Source: China Press

Police confirmed that, as of 9pm yesterday, a total of 27 schools, both private and international, from 8 states had received the same email with the same warning. “Among them, Selangor has the most schools with a total of 8, followed by Johor and Kuala Lumpur with six each, Perak and Penang with 2, and Kedah, Negeri Sembilan and Sarawak with one each,” Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Razarudin reported.

Unlike those in KL, a few states reportedly received their letters later during the day, allegedly from 11am to around 6pm. Following protocol, all schools had evacuated their premises upon receiving the threat, with many schools requesting parents come and collect their children. Police were quick to show up on scene to search the schools, however, like the others, police found nothing suspicious.

It was later revealed that the emails had been sent through two email addresses with the name “Taktstorer” which allegedly means “disruptor of order” in German. All emails dictated the same message: “Bahan Letupan Telah Ditanam Di Sekolah (Explosives have been planted in school)“. But, police claim its original content was in English and that it had translated to Malay via a translation app.

Source: China Press
Source: China Press

“According to a part of the email, the sender stated they were facing problems in life. They were hated by those around them, raped by their father since they were a child and humiliated at school,” police reportedly stated. Police also added that they believe the original email had actually been sent out on 12th November this year to 70 schools in Jamaica.

“Police will investigate whether the case in Malaysia is related to to the person in question,” Tan Sri Razarudin said. However, as previously stated, the police believe the threatening email is fake and have confirmed they, so far, have not found any evidence of a bomb threat in the schools. Still, they reassured that they are taking the bomb threats seriously and will still be investigating the issue.

Source: China Press

The schools affected have been told to remain vigilant for the next three days. But, a few schools have reportedly closed temporarily to ensure the safety of their teachers and students. Thankfully, everyone has remained safe, but we do hope police will be able to resolve the bomb threat soon.

Sources: China Press (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)

Bomb threatInternational schools MalaysiaTaktstorer
https://lomp.at/04tcv
Share24SendTweet15Share

Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news. 

FOLLOW THE HYPE

Source: Facebook/kuan.cheeheng
News

Uncle Kentang & Malaysians Successfully Raised RM10k For Abandoned Mother & Baby

by Afiq Amin
August 27, 2025

Kuan Chee Heng (关志庭), better known online as Uncle Kentang, is a well-known local activist who has long championed social...

Read more
SOURCE: FACEBOOK (Malaysia Airlines)
News

KLIA Airspace To Close This Week For Merdeka Celebrations; MAS Flights Retimed

As Merdeka Day approaches, authorities and official agencies are announcing temporary closures and changes to facilitate the celebrations. Amongst the...

Read more
by Adleena
August 25, 2025
Source: Facebook/myBurgerLab
News

myBurgerLab Apologises Over COO’s Insensitive Friday Prayers Remarks

As a public figure and company executive, it is important to remain mindful of one’s words and actions, as these...

Read more
by Afiq Amin
August 25, 2025
Source: Facebook/expo2025japan
News

Most Delicious! Malaysian Food Ranks No.1 At Osaka Expo 2025

It’s always exciting when Malaysia tops a global ranking, particularly in the realm of food. Our beloved roti canai secured...

Read more
by Afiq Amin
August 22, 2025
Source: TikTok/cydaismail2
News

(Video) Couple Shaken After Iron Rod Almost Pierced Through Windshield At Besraya Highway

A couple of years ago, a woman narrowly avoided being impaled when a metal rod flew into her windshield while she...

Read more
by Afiq Amin
August 21, 2025
Source: YouTube/Xing's World
News

(Video) YouTuber Builds Fully Functional Mini Subway Station For His Cats

Pets are more than just furry companions. For many, they are family and, like any loved one, you’ll want to...

Read more
by Afiq Amin
August 19, 2025
Source: TikTok/heeshlee, myNEWS
News

(Video) myNEWS Issues Apology Following Dead Palm Civet Incident At Dang Wangi Outlet

Although it doesn’t happen often, it isn’t unusual for animals, particularly cats, to wander into convenience stores. From time to...

Read more
by Afiq Amin
August 19, 2025
Source: AirAsia Newsroom
News

AirAsia X Apologises After Flight Lands At Gimpo Airport Instead Of Incheon Airport

Flight delays and emergency landings due to weather turbulence are nothing out of the ordinary. However, in most cases, passengers...

Read more
by Afiq Amin
August 15, 2025
Load More


TOP STORIES TODAY

  1. 1

    (Video) Local Entrepreneur Datin Lyanaz Hassan Exposes Homestay Staff For Recording Her Showering

  2. 2

    KLIA Airspace To Close This Week For Merdeka Celebrations; MAS Flights Retimed

  3. 3

    TWICE To Hold Concert In Malaysia Soon? Organiser Teases Fans

  4. 4

    (Videos) Meet The 14 Contestants Of The 2025 Miss HK Beauty Pageant

  5. 5

    Eason Chan To Make Appearance At Pavilion KL This August

Malaysia’s live-wire for the latest news, trends, and entertainment is finally here. We are your calendar, your grapevine, your comic relief, your post-event coverage, and your celebrity stalker. Did we also mention that we are also your gateway to the world?



Contact us: newsdesk@hype.my



  • About
  • Advertise
  • Jobs
  • Terms
  • Privacy Policy

©2025 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
  • Giveaways
    • Contests

©2025 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
  • Giveaways
    • Contests

©2025 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.