When visiting a restaurant, the last thing any of us checks is the condiments. Well, after this woman discovered a mamak’s mouldy soy sauce, maybe that should change!
Most of us like to add condiments to our food, be it soy sauce for our chili, tomato sauce for fries, and more. Unfortunately, this local lady got a nasty surprise at a mamak in Rawang when she realised that the soy sauce she had been served was not only expired but mouldy as well!
From the viral videos, it appears the lady had been about to dig into a simple meal of half-boiled eggs. And as everyone knows, you’ll need a little soy sauce and pepper to go with that. Unfortunately, as she was about to pour out the soy sauce served to her, she realised something was dreadfully wrong.
A quick swipe of her finger around the edge of the soy sauce container showed black powder which she then declared as mould. Additionally, she reportedly stated that the soy sauce had actually turned rancid, yet the owner had not thrown it away, nor had they bothered to clean out the bottle but instead, had added more spoilt sauce to it.
Unfortunately, the lady showed that it wasn’t the only bottle contaminated, which led to several disgusted netizens. Many claimed that mamak places were regretfully not known for their hygiene, with some adding they had gotten food poisoning from such eateries before.
This unfortunately isn’t the first time someone has been disgusted by a condiment. Previously, a customer found maggots in their soy sauce too. Although we have not been able to verify the story, we sincerely hope everyone stays vigilant about their food hygiene when eating out.
Mouldy soy sauce at a mamak in Rawang? 😳😖🤢