• Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Celebrity

Megacon Kpop Mega Concert Organisers Cancel For The 2nd Time; Artist Ribbon Ooi Speaks Out

by Rachel Chuah
May 26, 2023
Sources: Facebook/Starex Global/Instagram/@ribbonooi

Sources: Facebook/Starex Global/Instagram/@ribbonooi

11
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on Whatsapp

K-pop fans were feeling psyched for the weekend because the long-awaited Megacon Kpop Mega Concert had been scheduled for Saturday (27th May). The concert promised to bring in Korean artists like Super Junior, Viviz and Teen Top, as well as singer Ribbon Ooi (黄若熙) and DJ Noize Faktor together for an epic performance.

Unfortunately, earlier this morning (26th May), concert organisers Starex Global dropped an unexpected bombshell. As it turns out, the concert has been cancelled! Fans were left unhappy and disappointed, and they aren’t the only ones. Even local artist Ribbon Ooi has taken to her socials to express her dismay.

Source: Facebook/Starex Global

The announcement was posted to all Starex Global socials around 12.49am. “Dear participants, we regret to inform that the Megacon Kpop Mega Concert which (was) scheduled to be held on 27th May 2023 at Surf Beach, Sunway Lagoon, Kuala Lumpur is forced to be cancelled due to flight ticket issues for the Korean artists,” the announcement read.

Starex Global also promised that they would be refunding the tickets, and requested for patience as they started the process. However, the unexpected update has left many furious with the organisers, especially since this is the second time they have failed to hold the promised concert. Previously, Megacon Kpop Mega Concert had been postponed from 18th February to 27th May.

Source: Instagram/@starex_global

Well, it seems the blindsided feeling isn’t exclusive to the fans. Shortly after the announcement, local artist Ribbon Ooi took to her own socials to air her grievances. “In less than 40 hours till the concert, 
the organiser contacted my agency and we were told that the concert is going to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances,” Ribbon shared.

Super Junior Concert, QWER Concert & More: What To Do In The Klang Valley This Weekend!

The 27-year-old added that she wasn’t clear what had happened, nor did she know what went wrong. “It is indeed very saddening to my team and I as we were training very hard to give the audience our (best) performance,” Ribbon shared. Indeed, the artist had been hyping her fans up via her socials in the days leading up to the formerly promised concert.

Source: Instagram/@ribbonooi

Ribbon also claimed that the earlier postponement too had been attributed to the Korean artists. “The reason (for the postponement) seems to have been (a) schedule or visa issue of one of the Korean groups. The information I received wasn’t very clear,” she stated. But she hadn’t been as upset with the extended time then as she viewed it as extra prep time which gave her the chance to finesse her performance.

“My parents bought their plane tickets, (and) my friends were also planning to visit me on Saturday,” the artist said, adding her fans too were looking forward to seeing her onstage again. But the concert’s cancellation has changed all plans. “I’m so sad I failed everyone. I still don’t know what happened,” she lamented.

However, Ribbon did give the Megacon Kpop Mega Concert organisers the benefit of doubt. “I think it may not be so simple, but we have already received the payment for the performance,” she shared. “As to what exactly happened, I still have no clue at the moment. Of course, it doesn’t seem important to talk about this now.” The artist added that she hopes to meet her fans again on another stage.

From GOT7 To BTS: 8 K-pop Groups Who Admitted To Have Fought With Their Groupmates
Source: Instagram/@ribbonooi

Well, our sympathies to all who were left disappointed. Hopefully fans will receive their refunds soon, so they can save up that money for another concert.

Sources: Facebook, Instagram, China Press, Xuan

Megacon Kpop Mega ConcertRibbon Ooi (黄若熙)Starex GlobalSuper Junior
https://lomp.at/pj2gb
Share4SendTweet3Share

Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news. 

FOLLOW THE HYPE

SOURCES: FACEBOOK (Muhammad Kamarul Kabilan) & INSTAGRAM (@azuraazizofficial)
Celebrity

Missing M’sian Actress Nadia Kesuma Confirmed To Have Passed Away

by Adleena
January 19, 2026

A missing person report turned tragic after family members confirmed that Malaysian actress Nadia Kesuma had passed away after losing...

Read moreDetails
Source: Facebook/Miss Universe Malaysia Official Facebook Page
Celebrity

Chloe Lim: 5 Fun Facts About Miss Universe Malaysia 2025

by Melissa
September 17, 2025

Chloe Lim, a 27-year-old management consultant from Kuala Lumpur, was officially crowned Miss Universe Malaysia 2025 at the Miss Universe...

Read moreDetails
SOURCES: INSTAGRAM (@kjk76 & @my_songjihyo)
Celebrity

(Video) Did Song Jihyo Know About Kim Jong-kook’s Relationship Before Marriage Announcement?

by Adleena
September 12, 2025

Last month, South Korean singer Kim Jong-kook (김종국) shocked the public when he announced his marriage to a non-celebrity. While...

Read moreDetails
Source: Instagram/songsongswl, Instagram/zhanglinghe__1230, Instagram/baijingting
Celebrity

From Wu Lei To Ding Yuxi: Rising Chinese Actors To Keep Your Eye On

by Hanan Khair
January 26, 2026

Chinese dramas are taking over with their stylish storytelling, epic historical romances, and heartwarming melodramas, and the rising C-drama male...

Read moreDetails
Celebrity

Siti Nurhaliza & Korean Singer WOODZ Criticised For Use Of AI

by Hype Desk
October 27, 2025

Creative jobs are increasingly at risk due to the rise of AI-generated technology. Many artists, who have invested time, money...

Read moreDetails


TOP STORIES TODAY

  1. 1

    (Video) Taiwanese Actress Belle Chuo Reveals Her Sensitive Spot While Filming A Commercial For Durex

  2. 2

    Chrissie Chau Responds To Defamation Suit From Businessman Martin Lee

  3. 3

    Natalie Tong’s Bakery Business Reportedly Slowing Down Just Over A Year After Opening

  4. 4

    “Marvel Zombies”: Full Episode Breakdown, Survivors, and Season 2 Hints

  5. 5

    ZEROBASEONE To Continue Group Promotions With 5 Members

Malaysia’s live-wire for the latest news, trends, and entertainment is finally here. We are your calendar, your grapevine, your comic relief, your post-event coverage, and your celebrity stalker. Did we also mention that we are also your gateway to the world?

Contact us: newsdesk@hype.my

NETWORK

  • Lowyat.NET
  • Murai
  • Hangat
  • Lipstiq
  • Wanista
  • Varnam
  • Moviedash
  • Autofreaks
  • Fourthofficial

ABOUT

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Jobs
  • Terms
  • Privacy Policy

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.