Kim Jennie (김제니) has been the face of Chanel since 2017. Over the past years, the BLACKPINK member has taken part in numerous projects and campaigns with the globally known luxury brand.
Jennie is currently the face of Chanel’s Coco Crush jewelry line, along with Hollywood actors Margaret Qualley and Amandla Stenberg. They also came up with an animated concept film for the campaign, which features the three aforementioned stars.
Although Jennie’s animated film is not on Instagram at the time of writing, the video is currently still available on Chanel’s official YouTube. The video featuring the “Solo” singer was unveiled through the ‘Dear Paris’ video, which showcases an animated version of herself. The character can be seen roaming around the city on a bike while donning the new Chanel jewelry line.
That said, a lot of netizens in Korea didn’t react too kindly to the clip. Many pointed out that the animated character in the Chanel film didn’t look like the famous idol. Read some of the highlighted comments below:
- “I can’t tell whether the cartoon character is pretty. It just looks average.”
- “I’ve never seen an animation being uglier than real life before, Jennie is way prettier.”
- “Only the beauty mark looks the same.”
- “Yes, we enjoyed seeing this beauty mark girl. Now, please show us Jennie’s character.”
- “I don’t know if this animated character of Jennie is charming or not.”
Watch the video here:
Do you see the resemblance between Jennie and her animated character in the Coco Crush campaign clip?