We have a new Miss Universe Malaysia 2022 and her name is Cheam Wei Yeng, or better known as Lesley Cheam. With this crown, Lesley will go on to represent Malaysia at Miss Universe in the US in just a few months time.
Besides winning the Miss Universe Malaysia crown at the finale gala that was held in M Resort & Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Lesley Cheam also won Miss Schwarzkopf Most Beautiful Hair and Miss Radiant Confidence.
Curious to know more about the 26-year-old beauty from Selangor? Here are some fun facts about her:
- She’s 166cm (5’5″) tall.
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmaceutical and Health Science from University of Nottingham.
- Works as an Assistant Manager in Product Marketing.
- Started playing basketball since small.
- Learnt to play the guitar on her own.
- 3 words to describe herself: Happy, hardworking and persistent.
- Business minded and is inspired by Elon Musk’s success.
- Hopes to raise awareness on mental health issues.
In addition, Lesley also did a fun 70 questions with make-up artist Sasha Jones Achan. From the session, she shared that the 2 important men in her life are her father (Daddy’s girl) and her boyfriend.
Congrats to Lesley on winning Miss Universe Malaysia 2022. The first runner-up was Ajunee Kaur, while the second runner-up went to Tee Wan Ying. Watch the crowning moment as Francisca Luhong James officially passes the baton to Lesley: