The Night Owl Cinematics (NOC) saga/drama is far from over as Mothership reported that the company is currently involved in 3 legal cases. The first of which is against Reno King and Tan Weiwen (Ryan Tan).
Looks like Sylvia Chan isn’t ready to let things slide so easily. If you recall from her previous 2-hour interview with Xiaxue, Sylvia had insisted that Reno King is a subsidiary of NOC – to which her ex husband disagrees.
According to the publication, a pre-trial conference between NOC and Reno King took place on 13th July at the Supreme Court. Ryan and his video production firm are represented by Jennifer Fong, Muhammad Imran Bin Abdul Rahim, Lawrence Tan and Mendel Yap from Eldan Law LLP. Meanwhile, Sylvia’s NOC is represented by Marissa Tan from Edmond Pereira Law Corporation.
The other 2 cases were “Team NOC” against defendants and former NOC talents – Samantha Tan Yi Fen and Grace Lim Si Yin. The hearing for the court dispute between Team NOC and Grace Lim took place on 22nd July while the session between Team NOC and Samantha Tan was held on 25th July.
Here’s a brief recap on the NOC saga:
- 8th October – Instagram account @sgcickenrice leaked screenshots and audio recordings, accusing Sylvia Chan of being an abusive boss.
- 9th October – Colgate terminated collab with Sylvia; Samantha and Ryan break their silence.
- 12th October – NOC releases statement, sends cease and desist lawyer’s letter to @sgcickenrice.
- 14th October – Sylvia Chan apologised; Samantha disputed her apology concerning her NOC talent contract.
- 25th October – Sylvia does a tell-all interview with Xiaxue to share her side of the story.
- 26th October – Samantha listed down 3 reasons why she quit NOC for good.
- 27th October – Ryan Tan addressed Sylvia’s shocking allegations.
- 29th October – Xiaxue exposed the real identity of @sgcickenrice.
- 11th November – Ryan shared how he felt about Sylvia following their public dispute.
- 28th January – Sylvia revealed major changes and future plans for NOC.