Fromis_9 member Roh Ji Sun (노지선) has drawn massive criticism over her alleged rude gesture towards her manager. It all started after an old video featuring the idol resurfaced online, courtesy of the infamous YouTube channel Sojang.
For context, Ji Sun, as well as her fellow members of the “Stay This Way” singers attended a baseball match held at the Gocheok Sky Dome back in April 2022. The girls were invited as the first pitcher and batter for the game.
Additionally, the Fromis_9 members also got to watch the game from the audience seats. Then the scene where Ji Sun snapping her fingers at her manager and ordering him around was caught on camera. To quote KBIZoom, the act of snapping fingers is considered rude and insulting, especially in Western countries. In addition, the finger snap is used to call servants during the time when the social status system existed.
Following the revelation, many netizens couldn’t help but to express their disappointment. Most of them took to the comments section to put the 24-year-old singer (and her group) on blast for her disrespectful behaviour. Some of the comments include:
- “How dare she make such a gesture to someone? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Where did she even learn to treat others like that?”
- “She’s a ‘nugu’ (nobody) and yet her character is already so rock bottom…”
- “Fromis 9? More like Fromistake 9”
- “It’s always the flop idols who act the nastiest.”
- “Does her manager not have a name or a title?? Why is she calling her like she’s calling for a waiter at a night club?”
Watch the video here:
For those who don’t know, Fromis_9 is an idol group that debuted through Mnet’s audition program “Idol School”. They’ve been active since 2017.