One of the worst things that can happen is when you have discovered that something is wrong with your food after you take a big bite out of it or worse, already halfway of finishing it. Just the thought of it is enough to make you sick and angry at how the food was prepared.
This twitter user expressed her anger and dissatisfaction when she discovered mould in a soya cincau cake she purchased from ZUS Coffee. What’s more unfortunate is that she had already eaten half the cake before making that discovery.
Zus Coffee, you done fucked up this time! I'm a regular customer and today I just lost it. Bought your soya cincau cream cake and when I first ate it, it tasted really sour and I thought that was how it was supposed to taste. And halfway I see MOULD in the cake??? @ZusCoffee pic.twitter.com/tKjZCRT9nJ
— Diviya D (@ayividinihsrad) April 8, 2022
Twitter user @ayividinihsrad or Diviya D, shared her experience last week in a thread on Friday (8th April). She said she purchased a soya cincau cake from ZUS Coffee at the Palm Mall outlet in Seremban where she’s a regular customer. To her horror, she saw mould in the cake and was highly concerned for her health as she’s suffering from Crohn’s disease.
Her tweet went viral with over 6.1k retweets, 732 quotes and 7.9k likes. Netizens are as just disgusted as she was and even shared that they’ve had similar experiences with ZUS Coffee. Many helped her by tagging the company to get their attention on Diviya’s situation.
ZUS Coffee general manager Venon Tian became aware of the situation and announced in an official statement that the cake has been recalled and off-boarded nationwide to prevent this from happening again. The official statement by ZUS Coffee was released earlier this week (Tuesday, 12th April) saying that they’ve launched a food safety investigation especially at the outlet involved in this case.
Official Statement – ZUS COFFEE ANNOUNCES OFF-BOARDING OF A PRODUCT & LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO FOOD SAFETY pic.twitter.com/ycptGGIDmm
— ZUS Coffee (@ZusCoffee) April 12, 2022
“We are deeply sorry to our dear customers and community for the disappointment caused. However we are grateful for the continued support from our community as a local home-grown brand and we promise to always do better,” said Venon.
for any medical issues related to this case. I'm satisfied with the outcome and I've asked them to consider this case resolved. As for my health, I feel ok so far. My stomach felt weird the next day after ingesting the mouldy cake but nothing too serious for me to go to clinic.
— Diviya D (@ayividinihsrad) April 11, 2022
Diviya updated to her followers after ZUS personally contacted her to apologise and discuss appropriate compensation over what had happened. She shared that she accepted their offer and was satisfied with the outcome. She added that ZUS will compensate for any medical issues related to the case.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news.