How many Starbucks does a shopping mall need? As many as possible apparently. There’s no question that people who frequent Mid Valley Megamall and The Gardens Mall love Starbuck-ing. There are currently 2 in Mid Valley Megamall and 1 in The Gardens Malls.
However, another Starbucks outlet is set to debut in Mid Valley Megamall. And it’s not just another normal store, mind you, but a Starbucks Reserve. Unlike a regular Starbucks branch, the Starbucks Reserve provides an immersive coffee experience as well as more coffee options and ranges to customers. The biggest Starbucks Reserve in Malaysia is currently located in Tropicana Gardens Mall.
In case you’re wondering, wait, there are that many Starbucks stores in the popular joint malls? Here’s the break down:
1. The Starbucks Reserve at The Gardens Mall
2. The original Starbucks situated beside Burger King and opposite the fountain outside.
3. A smaller Starbucks outlet on the 3rd floor Mezzanine beside A&W and opposite GSC
4. And now, the upcoming Starbucks Reserve at Mid Valley Megamall South Court (ground floor), near Plan B.
5. But wait, there’s also another Starbucks store if you include the Kiosk on the ground floor North Court (outside of Timbaland)
Someone pointed out that the joint Mid Valley Megamall- The Gardens Mall probably hold the record of having the most Starbucks outlets within the vicinity of the malls.
(Side note: Our friends from Starbucks have reached out to us to clarify that the kiosk is managed by Nestle’s Starbucks At Home and not them.)
The Dream Beyond Mini Tour
Since we’re on the topic of all things Starbucks, you may have noticed that the franchise has just launched The Dream Beyond Mini Tour where customers can come and take part in a number of activities (from 10am – 8pm each day), including a TikTok Challenge (where 3 lucky winners will win Starbucks merchandise worth up to RM500).
- Starbucks Reserve Tropicana Gardens Mall, from 11th – 13th March
- Starbucks Tanjong Tokong Drive-Thru store (Penang), from 18th – 20th March
- Starbucks Setia Tropika Drive-Thru (Johor), 25th – 27th March
- Starbucks Reserve Shoppes at Four Seasons Place (KL), from 1st – 3rd April.
Starbucks fans who visit the aforementioned locations during the tour dates can purchase selected items at up to 40% off. Besides snapping photos at the ‘Dream Beyond’ gallery wall, you can also customise your Starbucks bottle by engraving your Starbucks Merchandise with your (or a friend’s) name when you purchase any merchandise during the Starbucks Dream Beyond Mini-Tour.
Engraving services are charged at RM5 for customers who pay with their Starbucks Card or Mobile app, or RM10 for those who make their purchase with any other payments. The Dream Beyond Mini Tour will also retail its Starbucks Signature Gift Box for RM15 with any merchandise purchase.
In conjunction with this launch, Starbucks has also introduced some brand new beverages that are inspired by the scenic cherry blossom landscapes of Japan. From the Spring Strawberry Dream Beverages (RM20.15 onwards), the options are:
- Strawberry Dream Pure Matcha Latte
- Strawberry Dream Crème Frappuccino and Iced
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news.