Did you hear? Kim Jong Dae (김종대) famously known among K-pop enthusiasts as Chen (첸) from EXO, is expecting his second baby with his non-celebrity partner!
Earlier on 16th November (Tuesday), Korean news outlet Newsen reported that the boy group member and his wife are set to welcome another member to their family. Fans were super thrilled upon learning the news and waited for the confirmation from his agency.
Shortly after the news came to light, SM Entertainment, the home label to the 29-year-old issued their brief response to the circulating reports. “It is true that Chen’s wife is pregnant with their second child,” SM revealed in their official statement.
The recent news involving the “Growl” hit-maker was met with dividing responses from the public. Following the revelation, various netizens from Korea gathered in an online community to share their opinions about the matter. While some were happy for Chen, there were also those who were less supportive. A few even called for him to permanently leave EXO.
You can check out the highlighted comments here:
- “Congrats to Chen. He’s having a family of his own now.”
- “Good for him, at least he’s much better than those who aren’t responsible.”
- “Congratulations, you are better than Kim Seon Ho.”
- “He’s not an idol anymore, he has two kids.”
- “Is he still part of EXO?”
- “He can’t leave the group since he has two mouths to feed, LOL.”
- He’s giving birth to another baby right after having one already?”
- “It’s amazing he got his wife pregnant while serving in the mandatory military service, they must really love each other.”
- He really needs to leave the group and just be a solo singer.”
For the uninitiated, Chen announced his marriage with his GF back in January 2020. The lovebirds welcomed their first child, a baby girl, in April that same year.
The idol is currently serving his mandatory military service . He is set to be discharged from the army sometime around April 2022.