South Korean reporter-turned-YouTuber Lee Jin Ho went live on his channel last night (Thursday, 28th October) to once again discuss about the controversy surrounding Kim Seon Ho (김선호).
In his latest take on the ongoing case, Lee pointed out that the famous K-drama actor might be exempted from paying penalties over the loss of the endorsement deals he suffered following the scandal that broke out.
“Kim Seon Ho is a popular actor and he has made over 5 billion Korean won (~RM 17,668.298) by appearing in several commercials. You might think that he needs to pay all the penalties, but insiders reveal something different,” the entertainment reporter dished.
Lee added by saying, “When signing the contracts, there’re no such rules or clauses that deals with his personal life. Therefore, he only needs to pay the penalties if he does something that is illegal according to the law.”
“I know that he hasn’t paid any penalties so far,” he continued. “But, brands can actually ask him to give back the money for the remaining period of the contract.” As we mentioned in our previous article, several Korean brands, including the face mask brand MIIMA and also Canon Korea are reusing ads of the 35-year-old actor again after removing it temporary.
In response to the recent news, many K-netizens weren’t really keen with the companies’ recent decision. Some even went as far as to boycott their products. Here are some of the highlights:
- “The company must be crazy.”
- “I used to use that face mask, I’m not buying it anymore. LOL!”
- “There is no way I am using that mask anymore.”
- “I hate this. His company must be doing their business well.”
- “It’s a good thing I still have a lot of masks left in my house.”
- “Just tell his fans to buy it, I’m definitely not looking at that [mask] again.”
In related news, AllKpop portal reported that Kim’s “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” co-star is still following him on Instagram at the time of writing (Friday, 29th October). It has been 11 days since the numerous allegations targeting him made headlines. For those in the dark, the drama started after Kim’s ex-GF (Choi Young Ah) decided to speak up and claimed that he had coerced her to undergo an abortion.
The revelation didn’t stop just there, guys! The woman also alleged that the “Start-Up” star had badmouthed his co-stars, staff members, and directors. Despite all these rumours, it appears that Shin has remained unaffected. Having said that, the Korean beauty did cancel several interviews at the 11th hour.
Here’s what K-netizens had to say about the recent discovery:
- “If she unfollowed him, then people will criticise her too. This is all so unfortunate for his co-stars.”
- “It’s up to her whether she wants to follow him or not.”
- “Are there any celebrities that actually unfollowed him after his controversy though?”
- “This is why a lot of celebrities started to put their following number to zero.”
- “It’s weirder to cut him off for the issues surrounding his personal life.”
- “I don’t know the truth, but how can she unfollow him. Soon after that, a ton of articles will emerge.”
- I think I now know the reason why celebrities put their following number to zero. If she unfollows him, then everyone would react in chaos saying she cut him off.”
- “If she doesn’t do anything, then they would say that she still supports him.”
- “She’s free to do what she wants.”
The actress hasn’t made any public appearance following the controversy involving Kim Seon Ho. In this case, a lot of people assumed that Shin Min Ah is refraining from attending interviews and also public events for the time being in case any questions related to Kim Seon Ho arise.