Tired of phone cameras which do not portray the real beauty of the scenery at your very own backyard or are you in dire need of a new camera upgrade with the latest specifications? Well, here’s some great news! GoPro has announced its new flagship camera, the HERO10 Black which features the company’s new high-performance GP2 processor. This camera would be released in Malaysia beginning late September. Indeed, this is some good news for photography-buffs out there. Photography is actually a great way of expressing oneself through the beauty of everything occurring around the photographer.
Each photo taken signifies the innermost thoughts of the photographer itself. What better way to capture the beauty of one’s surroundings than to invest in the HERO10 Black with an all new high-performance GP2 processor. The GP2 delivers breakthrough image quality and blistering video frame rates that enable HERO10 Black to capture life-like 5.3K video at 60 frames per second, 4K video at 120 frames per second and 2.7K video at an incredible 240 frames per second. How cool is that?
This new processor also enables HyperSmooth 4.0 video stabilisation, setting a new bar once again and all but ensuring HERO10 Black captures the smoothest shake-free video you’ve ever see from any camera. This is literally a dream come true for photographers with shaky hands.
Worried of low light ruining your perfect moments? Well, the new GP2 processor also enables improved video algorithms featuring local tone mapping (LTM) and 3D noise reduction (3DNR) that capture finer detail, more realistic textures and better contrast—even in low light. Adding on, the processor combines with an ultra-high resolution of a 23.6 megapixel sensor to literally bring your photos to life.
For those usually having trouble with accessing photos conveniently and are tired of the endless search for photos, HERO10 Black is definitely here to save the day. While the camera is charging, you could auto upload your most recent footage to your GoPro cloud account and you could also wirelessly offload from the camera to the Quik application at speeds up to 30% faster with HERO10 Black. You could even choose to use the brand new USB wired offload option to transfer content from the camera to the Quik app on your phone at speeds up to 50% faster than the wireless option.
Environmentally conscious people would definitely love this new innovation too. Since GoPro is committed to environmentally conscious, plastic-free packaging for all of its products, HERO10 Black’s packaging is actually a high-quality, durable travel case that’s designed to fit additional GoPro mounts and accessories.
Here’s the full list of the all-new GoPro HERO10 Black’s specification:
- All-New GP2 Processor
- Video: 5.3K60, 4K120, 2.7K240
- Video Stills: Up to 19.6 megapixels
- Photos: 23 megapixels
- Improved Low Light Performance
- Local Tone Mapping (LTM) and 3D Noise Reduction (3DNR)
- Next-Gen HyperSmooth 4.0 Video Stabilization
- Increased 45° Horizon Leveling Tilt Limit in 4K60, 2.7K120 and 1080p120 Video
- Front Color Display with Higher Frame Rates for Smoother Live Preview of Your Shots
- Faster, More Responsive Rear Touch Display with Touch Zoom
- Faster Content Transfer
- 3 Ways to Transfer Content: Cloud Upload, Wireless Offload and New Wired Transfer to Your Phone
- New Protective Lens Cover with Hydrophobic, Water-Shedding Design
- Removable, Rechargeable 1720mAh Battery
- TimeWarp 3.0 featuring Real Speed and Half Speed
- 1080p Livestream featuring HyperSmooth 4.0. Video Stabilization
- 1080p Webcam Mode
- Power Tools: HindSight, LiveBurst, Scheduled Capture and Duration Capture
- SuperPhoto + HDR
- Night Lapse Video
- RAW Photos
- Digital Lenses Providing Ultra-Wide (SuperView), Wide, Linear and Narrow Perspectives
- Voice Control with 13 commands in 11 languages + 6 accents
- 3 Microphones with Advanced Wind-Noise Reduction
- Stereo + RAW Audio
- Custom Presets + On-Screen Shortcuts
- Built-in Folding Mounting Fingers for Attaching the Camera to GoPro Mounts
- Rugged + Waterproof to 33ft (10m)
- Fast-Charging Compatible
- Compatible with Media Mod, Display Mod, Light Mod and Max Lens Mod (support coming in post-launch firmware update)
To add further hype to this launch, GoPro is now challenging its users to create the launch highlight reel for its new flagship camera! This is only opened exclusively to owners of HERO10 Black. The Million Dollar Challenge will award an equal share of $1,000,000 to entrants whose video clips are chosen for the HERO10 Black Million Dollar Challenge video that will be released in December 2021. The closing date for the submissions is on 1st December 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
So, after this long write-up, one might be curious on the launch date. Well, although it’s not specific, the HERO10 Black will be on sale beginning late September 2021 at selected retailers around Malaysia and it would be distributed by GoPro’s newly appointed distributor – Ingram Micro Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. The camera retails for MYR2,399.00.