Malaysian ARMYs, rejoice! The first ever exclusive BTS POP-UP: MAP OF THE SOUL Showcase store is finally here in Malaysia and it has now officially opened its door in 1 Utama Shopping Centre, Petaling Jaya.
The long-awaited event was originally scheduled to launch in May earlier this year but was postponed due to the series of MCOs in the country. But the wait is over, people! The store will now finally welcome only fully vaccinated ARMYs and visitors to enjoy the exclusive event with strict compliance to current government safety protocols.
To get you hyped up for the event, here are four exciting things in store for you at the showcase:
1. Iconic BTS-inspired store design
The key colour of the showcase is decorated in blue hues and it draws the concepts from BTS’ fourth studio album MAP OF THE SOUL: 7. The exterior is swathed in cool black and iconic lighted BTS logo that will keep you in awe. As you walk through the entrance, you will be completely drawn into the world of BTS with the ‘Blue Door’ that will lead fans straight into the BTS POP-UP Showcase main showroom.
2. Plethora of merchandise to add to your collections
Malaysian ARMY and fans will surely be filled with euphoria as they can browse through a plethora of over 300 official merchandise to choose from. The lineup of merchandise ranges from limited edition apparel, accessories, bags, wallets, figurines, posters, stationery and lifestyle products to add on to your favourite collections.
3. Exclusive Dynamite-themed items:
There will be a special corner exclusively dedicated to BTS globally hit song Dynamite-themed items available at the venue itself. Fans can anticipate the range of special Dynamite items there. Free BTS Postcards will be given away as part of a welcome gift to visitors while stock lasts. How exciting!
4. Experiential Zones
Combining brand experience and storytelling, the store interior is set up into distinctive Experiential Zones that will take fans down memory lane. Each zone is designated to encapsulate the different eras of BTS’s music career and is specially decorated to recreate an instantly recognisable BTS music video set and corresponding tracks from the pop icon’s albums.
- Welcome Zone: Holiday in Garage: Symbolic scenes from “Skool Luv Affair” and “MAP OF THE SOUL: PERSONA”.
- TinyTAN: Magic Door: Find adorable TinyTAN figurines modelled after band members as a great photo spot.
- Dynamite Disco: Retro Replica of the “Dynamite” music video set and feel-good DISCO backdrop.
- Black Swan Wings: Eye-catching pair of neon wings in reference to the group’s “Black Swan” music video.
- LED Wall: Dance along to your favourite tunes of BTS’ biggest hit songs on the animated big screen.
To ensure a safe and pleasant experience for all, here are some admission guidelines to be followed upon entering the event:
- Admission to the pop-up store is strictly for fully vaccinated shoppers.
- Fans and visitors will need to scan a QR code at the entrance counter to be registered on a Virtual Waitlist System. A confirmation link will be sent through SMS that will display the time queue status virtually.
- A second SMS will be sent to notify the visitor to return to the store for official entry via QR code.
- Other SOP’s include compulsory face mask, 1-metre social distancing and MySejahtera check-in. Wristbands will be issued as an entry pass that allows a maximum stay of 45-minutes per person, with a store capacity limit of only 30 pax at a time.
- Re-entry and food and drinks are not permitted.
The event is held exclusively at 1Utama Shopping centre from now until 31st January 2022. Happy shopping ARMYs!