Recently, netizens took to an online community forum to talk about an old song by the Korean hip-hop artiste Beenzino (빈지노) which appeared to have taken the jab at the founder of BTS‘ home label Big Hit Entertainment, Bang Si Hyuk (방시혁).
In the post titled, “Big Hit is also a company that makes you get plastic surgery”, the netizen shared a screenshot of a WikiTree article from last year that brought to light Beenzino (real name Im Seong Bin, 임성빈)’s lyrics about turning down an offer from a producer.
In this case, the portal suggested that Beenzino had declined the offer after the producer asked him to “shave his jaw” through cosmetic procedures. The website’s article is titled, ” ‘Just shave your jaw a little’…Beenzino, the lyrics that contain the story of when he almost became a member of BTS receives spotlight once again”.
For those curious, the particular song lyrics that are currently regaining attention from netizens are taken from his featured rap in a track called “Hallelujah”. The translation are read as follows:
“During my underground days [as a rapper], this producer said this to me
If I [work] with him, no matter what I do. everything will work out
The last thing is the punch line
He said [everything] would work if I shaved my jaw a little
I don’t need your bullet proof
Just like that, to the offer of being his ‘sonyeon’ (boy)
A lot of fans believe that Beenzino was actually referring to BTS through his choices of words he used in the lyrics, such as “Bullet Proof” and also “Sonyeon”. Due to this glaring reference to the popular group, many also speculated that the “producer” mentioned in the track is Bang Si Hyuk, who everyone refers to as the “Father of BTS”.
Following this revelation, netizens soon engaged themselves in a serious debate online in regards to whether the idols signed under Big Hit Entertainment were also encouraged to go under the knife. Check out some of the highlighted ones below:
- “Idols’ visuals are their wealth, so it’s not a big deal if they make or don’t make them get plastic surgery. As long as they don’t encourage the extremely dangerous double jaw surgery, you just look over it. They’re not even going to become my husband, so they’re not scamming anyone with fake genes. As long as they satisfy many people’s eyes, everything’s okay.”
- “(And) what about that? Did Big Hit ever officially release a report saying that they don’t make their singers get plastic surgery? Why is a celebrity getting plastic surgery news-worthy at all? Are you still stuck in the 2000s?”
- “Whether they did or did not get plastic surgery, they’re better looking and better off than you, so are you jealous? LOL. Even if you undergo plastic surgery five times you can’t become like them.”
- “If Beenzino ended up joining the lineup of BTS, Namjoon (RM) wouldn’t have been able to use the stage name ‘Rap Monster’ LMAO.”
- “Sorry, but Jungkook already had deep eyelid lines even before his debut.”
- “TXT’s Beomgyu also had eyelid surgery.”
- “If you see videos of TXT member Taehyun from before his debut days, you can see that he shaved his nose. His nose was originally super high and the tip was crooked, but he shaved it off. Yeonjun also got nose fillers.”
- “What, Beenzino is super handsome! If he had plastic surgery, he would’ve lost all his charms. Good thing he didn’t.”
What are your thoughts about this?