Congratulations are in order for our national hero Azizulhasni Awang! The 33-year-old Malaysian athlete, along with 5 doctors, have been awarded the title “Datuk”, by the Terengganu Sultan!
In a statement shared by the secretary of the Dewan Pangkuan Diraja Terengganu, Datuk Isa @ Ghazali Endut, the conferment of the state awards and medals by the Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin, the Sultan of Terengganu, was effective starting yesterday (Sunday, 18th July).
Apart from The Pocket Rocketman, it has been reported that five health frontline workers from the state were also awarded the Darjah Kebesaran Darjah Dato’ Paduka Mahkota Terengganu (DPMT) which carries the same title. They are:
- Dr. Nor Azimi Yunus – Terengganu State Health Director
- Dr. Ahmad Kashfi Ab Rahman – Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital (HSNZ) Consultant Physician
- Dr. Mohd Ridhwan Mohd Noor – HSNZ Consultant Intensivist
- Dr. Kasemani Embong – Terengganu Health Deputy- Director
- Dr. Hasnan Arwit @ Hassan – Senior Principal Assistant Director/Head of Covid-19 CPRC Room, State Health Office
Additionally, Sultan Mizan was also revealed to had conferred the Darjah Kebesaran Setia Mahkota Terengganu to four other doctors. The recipients’ names are listed as follows:
- Dr. Fatimah Haslina Abdullah – HSNZ pathologist,
- Dr. Azmani Wahab – Senior Principal Assistant Director (Primary)/Head of CPRC Room, Terengganu State Health Department
- Dr. Saifur Rahman Muhammad – Deputy Health Director (Medicine)
- Dr. Mohamad Yurzi Mat Rani @ Ghani, Director of Hulu Terengganu Hospital
As reported by AWANI, the investiture ceremony of the Terengganu state awards and medals for this year will be held on a date to be determined later.