With the announcement of the People’s Protection and Rehabilitation Package (PEMULIH), 2 weeks ago, by Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin, a question bugging everyone’s mind is the application dates for the respective financial aids given. This is mostly referring to the i-Citra withdrawal scheme — where Employees Provident Fund (EPF) members are allowed to withdraw up to RM10,000 per month for the next 5 months.
Well, here’s some great news! EPF has finally announced that the application for the i-Citra withdrawal will be opened to the public today, 12th July. This is slightly contrasting to the date announced by the Prime Minister. Therefore, the new date announced is three days earlier than the initial date. Through i-Citra, EPF members are allowed to withdraw up to RM 1,000 per month for the next 5 months. Here are some examples as shown on EPF’s website:
To be eligible for this program, members should be less than 55 years old and have at least RM 150 in their EPF account. EPF has also stated that the i-Citra payments would be taken from the member’s second account first. If necessary, they will be using the money from the member’s first account. Here’s an example:
EPF members, who are prospective applicants would have until 30th September 2021 to submit their applications via i-Citra’s portal.
Here’s some background information on EPF i-Citra: It is one of the several programmes that were introduced under the PEMULIH package apart from the extension of the free 1GB daily data, discounts on TNB’s electricity bill, Bantuan Kehilangan Pendapatan (BKP) and Bantuan Khas Covid-19 (BKC).
According to the EPF i-Citra website, the maximum amount that could be withdrawn is RM5,000 and the applicant would have to leave a minimum of RM 100 as a remainder in the first account. This payment would be credited directly into the applicant’s bank account. Therefore, the applicants must ensure that their bank accounts are still active and it should be under the applicant’s name.
Here is a handy guideline on how you can apply for i-Citra:
- Go to icitra.kwsp.gov.my and choose PERMOHONAN (apply).
- Fill in your MyKad/MyPR number and your phone number.
- Click TERUSKAN (next) and confirm your identity using the OTP (one time password) number or security question.
- Pick the AMAUN PILIHAN PENGELUARAN (amount of withdrawal):
- Click the top option to apply for the maximum RM5,000.
- Click the bottom option to apply for amounts less than RM5,000.
- Click TERUSKAN (next).
- Fill in the Applicant Information, Payment Information, and survey forms. Click TERUSKAN(next).
- Make sure all the information is correct before marking the check box and click HANTAR (send).
This widely talked about initiative is definitely something to be thought about, for those struggling financially due to Covid-19 and the extended lockdowns. For more information regarding the i-Citra scheme, do have a look at their FAQ page to make an informed decision.