It is an undeniable fact that transportation is an important element in our daily lives. Whether it’s to go to the mall for a quick hang out with friends or to travel to the office, we all need good transportation services to move to and fro. While some people might own cars, others might resort to public transportation services.
In fact, with the rising number of traffic jams, this seems to be a popular option for those who would want to avoid the hassle of parking their vehicles and getting stuck in traffic jams. These issues have been plaguing major cities and towns nationwide therefore, most road users would opt for public transportation despite its numerous setbacks.
Well, here’s some great news to public transportation users! The MRT Rapid Transit Corporation Sdn Bhd (MRT Corp) has recently announced that the construction of the Putrajaya Line MRT has been progressing steadily and is nearing completion.
The first phase of this project is 99% completed and is set to be opened to the general public by mid-November 2021. This phase comprises 2 stations in Kwasa Damansara and Kampung Batu, which was tentatively supposed to be completed in July and launched in October. However, the Movement Control Order (MCO) implemented nationwide has hampered the efforts to do so.
📰Siaran Media: FASA SATU MRT LALUAN PUTRAJAYA BAKAL DIBUKA NOVEMBER 2021
Pindaan tarikh disebabkan lanjutan tempoh operasi percubaan akibat PKP 3.0 and PKPD
— MRT Corp (@MRTMalaysia) July 7, 2021
In April, MRT Corp had stated that the progress of completion was at 97%, with the remaining 3% consisting of testing and commissioning of electrical and mechanical systems. However, taking this as a silver lining, MRT CEO, Mohd Zarif Hashim explained that the delay enables it to extend the phase’s trial operation period. Hence, operators would further fine-tune the line in order to achieve the required level of efficiency upon its launch in November.
Here’s some background information regarding the Putrajaya Line MRT. This is the second line under the Klang Valley MRT Project, spanning 57.7km from Kwasa Damansara to Putrajaya Sentral. There’s a total of 36 stations where 10 of which will serve as interchange stations. Phase 2 on the other hand, would connect Kampung Batu to Putrajaya Sentral and is scheduled to begin operations in January 2023.
This is indeed something to look forward to at the end of the year, provided the Covid-19 situation in Malaysia improves. Nevertheless, there would definitely be an influx of MRT users upon the launch of the new line!