From culinary adventures, charming bake competitions, home decoration ideas, and hilarious reality programmes, this month is packed with a variety of lifestyle and reality series to enjoy at home.
Astro customers can learn new recipes, intriguing food history, get inspiration for home deco, and enjoy entertaining family reality shows from the Asian Food Network (Ch 709 HD), HGTV (Ch 715 HD), TLC (Ch 707 HD) and Food Network (Ch 708 HD).
Culinary, food history and competitions shows:
1. “Guy’s Grocery Games” Season 22
- When: Premieres 8th June, Tuesdays at 6.50pm on Food Network (Ch 708 HD)
- What’s it about: In this season, Guy Fieri sends talented chefs running through the aisles for the chance to make some serious dough. They face real-world challenges as they compete to be the last chef standing in this high-stakes cooking competition.
2. “The Pioneer Woman” Season 25 [Season Premiere]
- When: Premieres 13th June, Sundays at 9.20pm on Food Network (Ch 708 HD), On Demand and Astro GO
- What’s it about: Award-winning blogger and best-selling cookbook author Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking from down on the ranch. She creates menus for every occasion, from last-minute family suppers to elegant celebrations.
3. “Local Fine Produce”
- When: Premieres 15th June, Tuesdays at 9pm on Asian Food Network (Ch 709 HD), On Demand and Astro GO
- What’s it about: Most Singapore’s food ingredients are imported & highly dependent on imports. Many local food processing, agriculture & livestock producers are still committed to produce high-quality local ingredients. “Local Fine Produce” aims to discover the source of local food ingredients & enjoy the flavours. Local Fine Produce is hosted by Bryan Wong and Youyi.
4. “Jason’s Daily Eats”
- When: Premieres 17th June, Thursdays at 9pm on Asian Food Network (Ch 709 HD)
- What’s it about: Eating is a lifestyle. Jason’s Daily Eats showcases his daily meals – dining out, choosing ingredients and home cooking, not missing out on how he balances his work and life, and being nutritional conscious while enjoying delicacies and living an active lifestyle.
5. “Kids Baking Championship” Season 9 [Season Premiere]
- When: Premieres 19th June, Saturdays at 6.50pm on Food Network (Ch 708 HD), On Demand and Astro GO
- What’s it about: Hosts and judges Valerie Bertinelli and Duff Goldman put the talents of twelve young bakers to the test as they compete for $25,000, a spot in Food Network Magazine and the title of “Kids Baking Champion”. And for the first time ever, the bakers’ parents are watching and white knuckling it through this ten-week roller-coaster ride along with them.
6. “Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations” Season 9 [Season Premiere]
- When: New episodes available on Tuesdays, at 9.55pm on TLC (Ch 707 HD), On Demand and Astro GO
- What’s it about: Chef Andrew Zimmern experiences the legendary cuisine that define a location. Throughout his adventures, he discovers how these iconic foods are made and the right way to eat them.
Home decoration ideas and tips
7. “Home Town” Season 5 [Season Premiere]
- When: Premieres 4th June, Fridays at 10pm on HGTV (Ch 715 HD), On Demand and Astro GO
- What’s it about: Husband-and-wife team, Erin and Ben Napier bring their small Mississippi hometown back to life with modern and affordable updates to its historic homes.
8. “Home Again with the Fords”
- When: Premieres 21st June, Mondays at 9.10pm on HGTV (Ch 715 HD), On Demand and Astro GO
- What’s it about: Siblings Leanne and Steve Ford help people move back to where they grew up. These houses have a lot of love and history in their walls, and Steve and Leanne’s challenge is to respect their past while updating the homes for the new generation.
Entertaining, hilarious reality shows:
9. “90 Day Fiance: Happily Ever After?” Season 5 [Season Premiere]
- When: Premieres 25th June, Fridays at 9.55pm on TLC (Ch 707 HD), On Demand and Astro GO
- What’s it about: In this new season, the couples have navigated the visa process and are now married, but they quickly realise that the honeymoon is over as real-life sets in. Drama unfolds for each couple when married life in America doesn’t live up to their expectations.
10. “Unpolished” Season 2 [Season Premiere]
- When: New episodes available every Thursday, at 9pm on TLC (Ch 707 HD), On Demand and Astro GO
- What’s it about: The Martones are a loud, fun-loving Italian family from Long Island. Sisters Lexi, a talented nail artist, and Bria, a hair colourist and makeup artist, run Salon Martone while juggling family dynamics, over-the-top clients and their own relationships.