SHINee member Taemin (태민) has officially enlisted in the army earlier this week. He was the last member from the K-pop group to conscript.
To bid his die-hard fans goodbye following his enlistment, the K-pop star shared a photo on social media to give fans (lovingly referred to as Shawols) an official glimpse of his buzz haircut.
The 28-year-old singer left for his mandatory military service yesterday and a lot of people have mixed feelings about it. Many paparazzo and fans alike flocked the scene, despite the fact that the location and time of enlistment had been kept private as per Taemin’s request.
Numerous fans took to several social media platforms (including Twitter and other online community platforms) to share their warm and sweet messages for the idol. In particular, most of them have been buzzing about the “Move” singer’s youthful looks!
Here’s what they said:
- “OMG, why does he look so young. Are you sure you’re old enough to enlist??”
- “So cute…I hope he takes good care of himself.”
- “It feels sooooooooooooo strange.”
- “He looks like a middle schooler! OMG”
- “How come I am the only person who is ageing”
- “Is this real? It feels like I am sending a baby off to the army”
- “I wonder what he is doing now…in this very moment”
- “Buzz cut looks cute on him…”
- “(He) Looks even younger with this cut. Middle schooler? No…I’d say he just graduated from elementary school…my baby.”
“Taemin-ah you’re the best.
You worked the hardest.”
Stay safe, healthy and happy during your military service Taemin ~ 💙 pic.twitter.com/RJHWaQc4gu
— words by jjong (@wordsbyjjong) May 30, 2021
thank you for everything you did so far!! come back safely and keep healthy my love. we'll patiently wait for your return and when you do, we'll welcome you back with lots of love 🤍 #내존재의이유는_오직태민이라서#DearMyTAEMIN pic.twitter.com/3B4SaCzIkJ
— taemin pics (@taeminchive) May 30, 2021
— mace, military wife !! (@taeminsfavorite) May 30, 2021
For those wondering, Taemin is scheduled to be discharged in November 2022. Serve well, Taemin!
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia