Last Friday (23rd April) was an exciting day for sneakerheads as adidas Malaysia launched its new Sneaker Collect outlet at Level 3 Suria KLCC. This marks adidas’ first footwear-focused concept store outside of Greater China.
So what’s unique about Sneaker Collect? Besides being a one-stop door for sneaker fans looking to get their hands on the latest adidas Originals and Sports performance footwear, it also offers footwear customisation.
“The ongoing business expansion we have is in line with our mission to be the best Sports brand in Malaysia. Through the latest retail concept that we have to offer; we want to be the most influential and connected Sportswear brand in sneaker culture via adidas Sneaker Collect. By bringing in both experience and product through the first of its kind concept store, we hope our Malaysian consumers will continue to attain the best and latest footwear options, top-notch services and memorable experiences that adidas can offer,” said Philip Ho, Country Manager, adidas Malaysia.
If you haven’t dropped by the brand new retail outlet, here are 8 highlights on what you can expect from the adidas Sneaker Collect:
1. A space where a Sneaker fan can appreciate, fixtures such as roadies are grouped together to form shoe display
2. Super cool Instagrammable spot
3. Pop-culture art in vibrant colours that oozes boldness and confidence
4. Unleash personal creativity and fashion self-expression through a plethora of footwear customisation available in-store such as shoe dubraes, rings, and vinyl patches
5. Dedicated section to showcase adidas sustainability efforts and product range. Through the section, consumers are able to understand the process that goes behind the sustainability range.
- In partnering with Parley, adidas has pledge its support to end plastic waste by innovating it into threads and subsequently using it for its products. Some of the footwear silhouettes that can be found under the sustainability line include ULTRABOOST, Forum, Stan Smith, ZX, and Samba.
6. LED sports performance wall that showcases the different shoe range from Ultraboost to X9000
7. Showcase displays lined with LED lights are used to display shoes giving the section a more edgy vibe
8. adidas Sneaker Collect houses three 3D printers which symbolises adidas continuous dedication towards innovation and technology