Life in the limelight may appear glamorous to the public, but many are simply not cut out to be in Hollywood. Some have gotten their 15 minutes of fame and decided that normalcy is still the better option.
Fame is unpredictable, as many famous people will attest to. One minute, they’re on top of the world. The next, they might’ve fallen from greatness and are now telling whoever willing to listen what a big deal they used to be. The smart ones though, do their best to prepare in advanced.
Here’s a list of Hollywood celebs who now have normal occupations:
1. Amanda Bynes
- Age: 35
- You may remember her from: “What I Like About You”
- What is she doing now: Since enrolling herself in California’s Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, she’s been keeping a low profile.
2. Angus T. Jones
- Age: 28
- You may remember him from: “Two and a Half Men”
- What is he doing now: He is currently part of the management team of Tonite, a media and event production company co-run by Diddy’s son, Justin Combs.
3. Sarah Michelle Gellar
- Age: 44
- You may remember her from: “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”
- What is she doing now: She co-founded a food company named Foodstirs.
4. Dylan Sprouse
- Age: 28
- You may remember him from: “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody” with twin brother Cole.
- What is he doing now: Shifted his focus to brewing when he co-founded All-Wise Meadery in Brooklyn, New York.
5. Rick Moranis
- Age: 68
- You may remember him from: “Ghostbusters”, “Honey, I Shrunk The Kids”
- What is he doing now: He became a stay-at-home dad after his wife, Ann, died of breast cancer in 1991. It is believed that he’ll be making an acting comeback soon.
6. Jon Gosselin
- Age: 44
- You may remember him from: “Jon & Kate Plus 8”
- What is he doing now: According to his LinkedIn profile, the former reality star is currently working as an IT Support Associate II at Amazon.
7. Jack Gleeson
- Age: 29
- You may remember him from: “Game of Thrones “
- What is he doing now: He opted to pursue his studies in philosophy and theology at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland.
8. Nikki Blonsky
- Age: 33
- You may remember her from: “Hairspray”
- What is she doing now: She works as a hairdresser and cosmetologist in her native Long Island.
9. Al Green
- Age: 75
- You may remember him from: Hit songs “Let’s Stay Together”, “Take Me to the River”, “Tired of Being Alone”, “I’m Still in Love with You”
- What is he doing now: A full time pastor at Full Gospel Tabernacle Church in Memphis, Tennessee.
10. Jeff Cohen
- Age: 47
- You may remember him from: “Goonies” where he played Chunk. He acted till 1991, before enrolling into college.
- What is he doing now: After he co-founded the firm Cohen Gardner LLP in 2002, the former child star became a lawyer. His firm represents clients in the entertainment, media and technology industries.
11. Karyn Parsons
- Age: 55
- You may remember her from: “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”
- What is she doing now: She’s the president of Sweet Blackberry Foundation, a nonprofit that brings little known stories of African American achievement to children everywhere.
12. Danny Lloyd
- Age: 49
- You may remember him from: “The Shining” starring opposite Jack Nicholson
- What is he doing now: He works as a teacher and a farmer.