Ariana Grande has just gotten the best early Christmas present ever – a huge engagement bling. The pop star said yes to Dalton Gomez after 10-11 months of dating.
The couple has been able to keep their relationship on the down low and out of the public eye during the pandemic. But now that he has put a ring on that finger, fans (especially Arianators) are eager to find out more about her beau.
1. Dalton Gomez is a real estate tycoon
Unlike many of Ariana’s previous romance, Dalton isn’t part of the entertainment showbiz. His occupation is a buyer’s agent for the Aaron Kirman Group (a luxury real estate company) based in Los Angeles.
According to the bio on his business website, he “holds one of the largest rolodexes of A-list buyers” and is respected for his “extensive knowledge in the fields of architecture and luxury estates”.
2. The duo started dating in January 2020
Although TMZ first spotted them kissing at a bar in March, People reported that they had been seeing each other since the start of the year. The singer wanted their union to be as hush hush as possible, especially after her public fling with SNL star Pete Davidson. The lovebirds have also been quarantining together since the pandemic happened.
3. Ariana confirmed their relationship in Justin Bieber’s “Stick with U” music video
The songstress confirmed her romance in the stay-at-home inspired duet with the Biebs. Towards the end of the visual, Ariana appeared together with Dalton where they endearingly embrace and dance together.
4. Dalton may be 2-3 years younger than Ariana
Someone who used to study with Dalton in the same grade has confirmed he is either 24 or 25, born probably in 1995 and was supposed to graduate in 2013 before he transferred. Here is a yearbook photo she sent, it’s blurry but Dalton (red) and Dakota (green) are there. pic.twitter.com/gaCfGQJAgg
— ~M (fan account) (@letmeluvme) March 26, 2020
For those interested, found a photo of Dalton from 2018 with his family. He is the one to the right, his brother Dakota is in the middle. There are some older photos of him too, from 2013, where he barely looks 18, so he’s probably younger than Ariana. pic.twitter.com/SgKLiWbJ2T
— ~M (fan account) (@letmeluvme) March 22, 2020
5. Dalton is friends with other Hollywood stars
Given that Dalton works with A-list buyers and has sold multi-million dollar homes, it’s no surprise that he has rub shoulders with some of the most famous stars in Hollywood. Back in 2017, he even posted an Instagram Story of himself hanging out with Miley Cyrus.
6. They celebrated each other birthdays with heartwarming shout outs
Despite being tight-lipped about their romance, Ariana offered a little glimpse of it during their birthdays this year. On 7th August, the singer even posted a series of intimate photos and clips of them cuddling, kissing, laughing and even a celebratory meme poking fun at their relationship.
7. “34+35” is about their sex life?
On the single “Positions”, the hit-maker sings about wanting to “meet your mama on a Sunday” and “make a lotta love on Monday” in reference to love life. The lyrics like “Heaven sent you to me / I’m just hopin’ I don’t repeat history” also let us know that she doesn’t want another deja vu like what happened with ex-fiancé Pete Davidson.
The explicit lyrics for “34+35” also sheds light on her desire to start a family with Dalton. “You might think I’m crazy/The way I’ve been cravin’/If I put it quite plainly/Just give me them babies,” she sings, later belting, “who’s counting the time when we got it for life?”
Other songs that were noted are:
- “Safety Net” – “You’re making me forget my past / Never thought I’d feel like that / I came to peace with my past / Now you got me off track”
- “POV” – “I wanna love me / The way that you love me“, “For all of my pretty / And all of my ugly too / I’d love to see me from your point of view“
8. A closeup of that ring
“Forever n then some,” Ariana captioned the Instagram post of her engagement announcement. The gorgeous bling features a slanted oval diamond paired with a pearl. It’s no secret that the Grammy winner is obsessed with the ring, considering the amount of photos she’s shared online.
Have the pair started their wedding planning? What will the bride be wearing? Will she wear a wedding ponytail too? Who is on their wedding guest list? We have so many questions!
9. Dalton has made his IG private
Perhaps not wanting to be overwhelmed by the outpour of attention from the public, Dalton has chosen to make his Instagram private for now.
10. Congratulatory messages from famous friends
Among fellow celebrities to express their joy in the comments section are:
- Demi Lovato: “This ring is everything!!!! I love you.“
- Manager Scooter Braun: “Ari we love you and could not be happier for you. Dalton you are a lucky man.”
- Victoria Justice: “Omggg congrats Ari!!! So happy for you. Your ring is beautiful.”
- Hailey Bieber: “YAYYYYYY!!!! so happy for your guys!!“
- Kim Kardashian: “Sooooo happy for u guys!!! Love you!!!“
- Ashley Tisdale: “Congrats beautiful!!!“
Looks like 2021 is going to be an exciting year for Ariana and Dalton 😉