Take note Cheras folks, a Maybank branch in the area has been ordered to close following a recent visit from a Covid-19 patient.
A notice was found at Maybank Taman Segar yesterday (Wednesday, 9th December), informing customers of its closure. It is understood that the customer had last visited level 2 of the branch to perform banking services.
In the notice, the management also informed that the lady in question was there on 29th November for an hour, between 11:30am to 12:30pm. At the time, the woman did not exhibit any symptoms and her body temperature was in normal range. Although social distancing and standard SOPs were practiced at the bank, one can never be too sure when it comes to the virus transmission.
Upon receiving the notice, Maybank Taman Segar was immediately closed to make way for deep cleaning and sanitisation. Contact tracing has also been carried out to identify which employee(s) came in contact with the customer.
As usual, the public are advised to perform essential banking via Maybank2u. Those who frequent Taman Segar branch may visit other nearby outlets for the time being.
In similar news, Malaysiakini has also updated the latest areas in the Klang Valley to be affected by Covid-19:
- Bangunan Darul Ehsan, Seksyen 14, Shah Alam
- Friendster Hub Restaurant, SS2
- Seri Kasturi Apartment, Setia Alam
- EkoCheras Condominium
- Villa Crystal, Segambut
- Casa Magna Apartment, Kepong
- KL Traders Square, Setapak
- Midfields 2 Condominium, Taman Sungai Besi
- Prima Midah Heights, Cheras
- Azelia Residence, Sri Damansara
- Andari Townvilla 1, Batu Caves
- Eco Shop Warta Lama, Batu Caves